Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Showcase: Orcish Armor Upgrades - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Freelancer

Alexander Flegler has good reputation
Exclamation Showcase: Orcish Armor Upgrades

We are proud to show you two Orc units, the Slayer and the Impaler and their upgrades. Every upgrade is researched seperately and doesn't have to be researched in a certain order (like the pictures could suggest).

You can see a total of four different upgrades to the Slayer: Spaulders (increases slash armor), Helmet (increases crush armor), and Shield (increase pierce armor).

There are two different armor upgrades to the Impaler: Spaulders (increases slash armor), and Sallet (increases crush armor).

Old 03-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

crex719 has a default reputation

Wow these upgrades not only look cool but u can put in any order. Nice!
Old 03-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

That looks very nice. It's great how you can prioritize, if you're playing vs. elves shields are probably what you'd want to get before anything else, against humans, slash armour is probably a good first choice etc.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 03-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Village Sock has a default reputation

Looks really nice. loving how you can choose which upgrade you pick first. Will definetly help with strategy when your against certain opponents.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

jap88 has a default reputation

Still looking good. I have to echo everyone else in saying it's cool to be able to choose the upgrades, and that the upgrades actually have a noticeable effect rather than just saying a modifier on the unit sheet on the toolbar.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

wow... hmm, gotta think of something original... eh, brilliant detail!
Old 03-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

My only concern is that it looks like it would be difficulty, if impossible, to differentiate the three different impalers at a distance. The upgrades are rather small and difficult to see. I think you need to do something to make that more obvious at a larger scale (maybe add a colourful section to that shoulder pad to make it stand out, and some spikes or other stylish shapes to the helmet to make it stand out. I notice you have the spikes on the added to the slayer to make the helmet more obvious; something along those lines would be good. That said, the shoulder-pads may also be difficult to see at larger distances.

I think these look absolutely awesome, and the idea of having specialized upgrades may work out quite well.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
My only concern is that it looks like it would be difficulty, if impossible, to differentiate the three different impalers at a distance. The upgrades are rather small and difficult to see. I think you need to do something to make that more obvious at a larger scale (maybe add a colourful section to that shoulder pad to make it stand out, and some spikes or other stylish shapes to the helmet to make it stand out. I notice you have the spikes on the added to the slayer to make the helmet more obvious; something along those lines would be good. That said, the shoulder-pads may also be difficult to see at larger distances.
Or you could make some kind of a big symbol, like a sword if it has slash armor, a klub if it has crush armor etc.
kinnda like the dawn of war symbol's for cover and negative cover

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 03-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

iceblast has a default reputation

nice work guys
Old 03-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Freelancer

Alexander Flegler has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post

I think these look absolutely awesome, and the idea of having specialized upgrades may work out quite well.
This is true but right now these upgrades apply to all Slayer units for instance so you don't have to distinguish an unupgraded Slayer from an upgraded one. It is possibly subject to change though; maybe in the final version the battalions/hordes will get these upgrades seperately (like in BFME), but that's due to balancing.