Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Dcuo - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2011, 02:37 AM

omardigs has a default reputation
Default Dcuo

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anybody here has played DCUO and if so what your thoughts were on it.
I got it the second day it came out and have really liked it so far. I have already reached the level cap and it was a fun time getting there.

I see a lot of room for improvement in the game but there is so much more that can be added over time to flesh out the game even more. They have said they will be coming out willl new missions and sections of the game every month so it should only get better.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:49 AM

Ohnoto has a default reputation

I was in beta for DCUO on the PC, I don't have a PS3. I really enjoyed the combat style and the game overall. A few things that ultimately made me decide not to get it though.

Controls. I'm not found of the control system where moving the mouse also moves the camera around at the same time and you are forced to use WASD keys. I don't typically use WASD keys to move around since Ive never had to use those in games I play.

The Interface. The interface not being customizable was a let down. Not even being able to move elements around. Having to hit escape to gain any mouse control. During beta at one point, I got a buff on my character and I wanted to know what it was. However, you can't mouse up to find out, hit escape and the character frame disappeared. Really bad with the interface.

Mission Tracker. Not being able to remove missions from the log. This was brought up during beta and a developer stated they had no intention of allowing players to remove missions.

Chat System. This is such a horrid chat system. It got better by the end of beta, but it was still really limited. With the way the chat system is with little options or control over it, it felt more like a solo game with a chat box.

All of these things were brought up on the beta forums, but Sony didn't listen to the feedback, at least not yet. They are too big, have too many other games to really care. It's too bad really because I think outside of the MMO elements, the game is fun and would be more enjoyable even as a single player game. It's just not worth the sub cost to me.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:56 PM

omardigs has a default reputation

Yeah I know what you are talking about.

The controls took a long time to get use to. I'm not a real WASD player so having to play it that way took some time. I still make mistakes when it comes to button pushes but Im getting better at it.

The interface needs work for sure. I would just love to see some customization. I dont think that too much to ask.

The Chat System for the game sucks really bad. I don't realy chat but when I do its a pain. It really needs to be fixed.

The mission tracker hasn't been an issue for me. There are some of those lower level missions that I would like to get rid of like the PVP and Raid reminders but other than those its not an issue for me.

Hopefully they will make some changes in the game for the better because I have really liked the game so far and could see them doing a lot of stuff with it.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:48 AM

Ohnoto has a default reputation

It's unfortunate really, because I really enjoy the DC Comic Universe. Batman, Superman (& Smallville), and overall I enjoyed the combat, the costume features where you learn a piece of gears look and can keep it on any item, the mini-games based on your movement style.

They just used the same copied control style from StarWars Galaxies, not sure about their other games, instead of actually using something that is more familiar to others. There are other options for control styles, but honestly, I didn't notice any major changes, other than a button or two. If they were going to make 3 different control styles, why not make one for the more traditional MMO style? It's also unfortunate when a company decides to not listen to those they picked for beta testing, because these were the top things brought up on the Beta forums.

Beta testing, while it can be fun, is extremely hard on a company because 90% of feedback is "X can be done better" "Y isn't working as intended". And if a company has too much pride to actually change and adjust to what the people paying want, it really shows.

Well, here's to holding out for Marvel Universe. Maybe Gazillion Entertainment can make it a good game.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:52 PM

Endothan has a default reputation

I was in the beta for DCUO but I thought the game mechanics were buggy but the overall game looked pretty good. I did not buy the game when it came out but I was thinking about it.