Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Heroes in Dawn of Fantasy - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

kingdominic has a default reputation

can i have a hero of another race ??? like if im a Elf can i have a human hero ??
Old 01-23-2011, 12:59 AM

Barca has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdominic View Post
can i have a hero of another race ??? like if im a Elf can i have a human hero ??
That'd be kinda funny and then other races could call him a traitor for working for the other side. Sorry im just a jerk at heart. ^.^
Old 01-23-2011, 06:05 AM

Verrenth has a default reputation

I would have to agree with some previous posters i hope the hero units aren't so overpowered as they can take out squads by themselves, it would take away from the game as far as i am concerned.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:40 AM

Th3 Mastodon has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoCactusMan! View Post
I'm wondering if your starting Hero is supposed to be you, as the leader of your kingdom, rather than some random bloke. It would make sense, that the large part of the RPG mechanics would be taking place through you and your in game avatar.

Would also make sense if this were the case for some larger scale battles, making your hero a figurehead and a target of assassination.
Great idea. I think this could really work for a game like this
Old 01-23-2011, 12:41 PM

luizeba has a default reputation

Heroes take a lot of time to manage. I prefer just 'normal' units.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:48 PM

GoGoCactusMan! is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrenth View Post
I would have to agree with some previous posters i hope the hero units aren't so overpowered as they can take out squads by themselves, it would take away from the game as far as i am concerned.
Its been said somewhere that while the Hero Units are powerful, they are not wholly battle turning units that can take on entire squads of men single handed, so you've nothing to worry about there.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Elven Sect:
Grand Master

Gongora has good reputation

For Heros or Leaders of a division of units it would be interest to have them be able to give the entire squad abilitys rather than be elite and strong themselfs.

What I mean by that is for example: A leader of a squad maybe just as strong as your other units but is experienced to form that squad into attack formations to do different tactical moves on the enemy, stuff your normal units may not do on their own. I am not sure how hard it is to move around all your units at once in different spots to be tactical rather then selecting them all in a pile and moving them from point A to point B as most players do in a RTS as its just *easier* rather then moving your squads in all different direction to corner, surround or flank enemy positions. Aslo leader could provide *buff* like status to increase exp, or stats of any kind to help make the game even in more in depth...this would add a new objective for the enemy... killing your leaders to weaken your experienced units abilitys!

Just a thought...
Old 03-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Orc Sect:
Goblin

Dijia37 has a default reputation

Another idea is to have your Hero be a single unit but you can assign him to a battalion to enhance the group (ect. Achilles and his Myrmidons) and have them level as a group.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Watari has a default reputation

What about your hero staying at home and just gives a minimal global buff to all units?
Ok I think you want you hero fighting in first row..
Than my question is: could the hero just become a close combat soldier or could he also be a mage or archer
Hmmm no I like the idea of a "general" staying back and maybe buffing, just in case defending himself.

But I want to change the optic of this hero, when he represent me in the world of Mythador.
(clothing, weapon, face, figure and so)
Old 03-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

I'm afraid that we cannot answer questions regarding heroes and customization at the current time. We do have some pretty big plans, but until they are closer to implementation, we do not want to go into too much detail. We will, however, try to provide a first glimpse of some of the new human hero and NPC units tomorrow.

Quote:
What I mean by that is for example: A leader of a squad maybe just as strong as your other units but is experienced to form that squad into attack formations to do different tactical moves on the enemy, stuff your normal units may not do on their own. I am not sure how hard it is to move around all your units at once in different spots to be tactical rather then selecting them all in a pile and moving them from point A to point B as most players do in a RTS as its just *easier* rather then moving your squads in all different direction to corner, surround or flank enemy positions. Aslo leader could provide *buff* like status to increase exp, or stats of any kind to help make the game even in more in depth...this would add a new objective for the enemy... killing your leaders to weaken your experienced units abilitys!
Every battalion has a number of battle formations they can arrange themselves in at any point. Elven formations work a bit differently, but human and orc unit have a couple generic formations and one specific to each unit. These formations greatly increase your units' defense or attack for a short period of time until their stamina runs out.

Battalions can't technically be paired with heroes, but you can task select units to form a defense circle around your hero to protect him and in turn, your hero can use his abilities, such as Mass Heal, to protect those troops.