Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Dark Elves Must Rise From The Deep!! - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 PM

bishopgunn has a default reputation

To many other races come to mind before dark elves. Variety is king with games like this.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Hmm. Dark Elves fit too nicely in with the undead to have both races going at once. It would either be one or the other, or both together as one. Such a race would be significantly different from the elves to be worth it. Also, perhaps their magic could be different... instead of having air, water, fire, etc.. they could have kinds of darker magic?

Remember, LiTos, why the amphibians were scratched in the first place - they were going to be a never ending headache to balance. If you have amphibians, you have to have water bases, and how could those ever be taken with most of the units as we know them? If it could be pulled off it would be amazing. "IF". Also, how would the amphibian units function on land battles? Would they ever be able to besiege a normal inland city?

In my mind, list of following races should go like this:

Dwarves
Dragons
Then, maybe
Undead

After this, there would be many other possibilities, but... other races would be limited in their scope since not many other races have seen the development in fantasy that all of these other ones have.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Rhino has a default reputation

If dark eleves were built into the game i think it would be cool if they somehow came out of the normal elf faction. They could be the elves who do not agree with the laws or something and they leave the elves thus a new faction and kingdom is created. I know dark elves look different than normal elves so they could be tainted by the dark arts or something ???
Old 01-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I would expect Dark Elves to be on of the first mods ever for DOF. Just wait
Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

We've already decided that the first mod is going to be the Steampunk mod. It has the Litos stamp of approval on it, lol.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:48 PM

vonsteyr has a default reputation

I don't see any reason majorly different factions wouldn't be a good idea. Just look at the differences between Crusader and Arab armies circa 900, or Incan and Japanese armies circa 1400.

I'm not saying "top priority", but you see Elves as a unified race too often (or split into different related races). It'd be neat to have Dark Elves be regular elves who aren't quite so... elegant. Not just dark-skinned angry versions of regular ol' elves, but... well, you get the drift.

I'd give up every Elf everywhere if it meant steam-powered tanks! Steampunk is always welcome!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

The elves appear (reading the FFs) to be quite different in flavors between sub sects. Perhaps this will make more people happy when we finally play the elven subfactions.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

cybroxis has a default reputation

I just have one request for the dark elves: make them cool, don't make them "drool", meaning please don't make them like abominations or disgusting undead creatures - more sinuous, like dark beauty. You know what I mean? - I don't want bulbous elves dripping black bile or darkspawnesque things. ty :P

Also, my suggestion for the dark elves is to have their city underground just like (I am assuming) the dwarves' are, but with less blocky, more elegant and narrow buildings, all dark of course :P

Last edited by cybroxis : 02-01-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

They'd definitely be a cool idea for the game but them or at least the idea of them goals etc are in many games. You have the Drow in many games or similarly named/themed. The 'dark eldar' would be warhammer's version of a dark elf lol. WoW has blood elves which are portraid to be evil as per conventional standards. Dark elves or the idea of them is in many games play a predominate role in either lore or actual game play. We see this in a lot of mmos. I don't think they're neglected at much at all. To every ying there is a yang lol.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:20 AM

Corpsebloom has a default reputation

I support the addition of Dark Elves to the game. So much better than normal ol' Elves anyday. xD