Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Dark Elves Must Rise From The Deep!! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

cybroxis has a default reputation
Talking Dark Elves Must Rise From The Deep!!

That's right - I'm raising a call for any who want to lend their votes for Dark elves to be released in one of the first expansion packs. TOO LONG have they been opressed and not allowed to have their fair say in the MMO world. To set the mood, here is a story I cooked up a while back for the dark elves:

Once, in a land far gone and long lost to history, a mysterious place existed. There were those that lived below, cast out and shunned by prideful beings above, forever going about their daily torment, living with it as best as they could. Never understood by others outside their slightly fragmented race, as they were thrown down into the pit, they finally had found a family.

With time, old hatreds and old bonds shifted. The roles had been flipped. Their race, banned for millenia, had changed into something not quite Kormin. To be seen would be a horrific site to behold. However, although many saw these creatures as "undead", they are not evil, nor really dead. In fact, it was the "creatures" above, they say, that warped them into their now strange forms. Before, only pariahed by their peers in thoughts and ideas, now they truly were different, able to be marked out physically with the naked eye. not only had they no antennae nor hands, but they also lacked eyes, ironically more aware of their surroundings than those above, who possessed the luxury of light. Their ears, although not extremely large, could compete with a dog's for their pitch. They cupped around at the top and ended in a sharp curve at the bottom, a "v", in such a strange way that was also unnaturally perfect. But the characteristic most noticeable would be the white carapace which surrounds their humanoid form, not quite slimy, but not an exoskeleton either. Not quite invincable, but the equivalent of a shield - it could withstand a broadhead's impact or 2 days in a scorching oven. This skin is the best physical characteristic to represent them. It required understanding of their past and the suffering the Vak'ti endured for so many years, chafing at their very souls until they became as hard as a stone drenched in sunlight for decades. This was also required of them if they were to survive in the bowels of Dera'Mur.

But now, possessed of a single purpose and propogating for thousands of years underneath their oppressors, the Vak'ti were prepared to take back their rightful lands from the Kormin, who had, to the Vak'tis' atvantage, forgotten their existence after all these years. The drums of war were sounded, battle plans laid, and the drills started.

What came next was laid into history, an event to rack the world with its magnitude and intensity for all time....

So raise your voices and let yourselves be heard - who wants the Dark Elves?!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:46 PM

Naivedo has a default reputation

I think the Dark Elves would be great addition to the game. As long as they have some interesting features that separate them from the Elfs in the game. Like undead or dark monstrous minions or the abuse of nature. Corruption of the forest lands would be nice.

I also wanted to say that bright green is a hard color to read.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Winterwolf00 has a default reputation

If you just wanna copy from the D&D Dark Elves that would be cool. They had a thing for spiders and were a female dominated society.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

Well as another race, this wouldn't be my main choice it would be my 5th of the races choice. Currently we have elves, humans and orcs. The next logical one is dwarf, from there you go to the more exotic races and dark elves pretty much fit that category allot better then general races.

Just my 2cents, but alas I would want darkelves in the game (even thou I wouldn't play them) but they are that classic "must have" when you reach a racial span in a game beyond your base 4.

-Guardious

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Old 01-19-2011, 12:49 PM

cryonso has a default reputation

If the dakr elf race is going to be added, dont make them to similare to the wood elves.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:19 PM

gnoss has a default reputation

Sounds good to me. its not my prefered race, but its definetly a good one.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Why would we need dark elves as the first expansion when we already have regular elves? Seems a bit unvaried, doesn't it?
I'd go for those amphibian things, they were cool.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

kingdominic has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Why would we need dark elves as the first expansion when we already have regular elves? Seems a bit unvaried, doesn't it?
well it be cool to have high elve,and dark evle ^^ it be epic to see them battle each other on the battlefield
Old 01-19-2011, 11:53 PM

Zorander has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
I agree, bringing in something totally different then what the game already has would be a better option then a darker version of elves. Such as dwarves or undead.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:45 PM

tomche has a default reputation

i would like to see them eventurly but i think they would be to similar as the elves so would like to see other races first