Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Vassals - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 09:52 AM

DeliCious has a default reputation

There is so much that can be done mmorts ? The genre is gigantic only hindered by the restraints of Monetary funds and technology. But vassals is a great idea thou but i guess we would have to been playing it first to see how it could be implemented.. but i wouldent dislike being the vassal of some great empire if i still had control and the option to rebel (At high cost ofc)
Old 01-19-2011, 12:51 PM

cryonso has a default reputation

The vassal idea might work if it is done properly and correctly. Make it good and uderstandable plz
Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 PM

s8man888 has a default reputation

I think that any system that allows one player to trade resources for more troop protection with another player, is a good idea.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:33 AM

Zorander has a default reputation

And how about if your paying for protection from a bigger and stronger kingdom if your under attack you get a few free upkeep units from that kingdom automatically, since you never know when the person is going to be online or not to help out.

Basically to make it less demeaning to a player vassals is just another name for alliance, and think of the money used to pay them like payment for the units you get only if your attacked.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:24 AM

reddot has a default reputation

the vassal idea itself would be great for people who dont play so hardcore that they dont mind even if they get dominated, becouse it would still allow them to play.... and possibly allow them to try to rebel at some time?? and the guy who would be the dominator would get some small bonuses to resources or something like that based on the size/income/level of the vassal
Old 01-20-2011, 02:44 AM

Ichigo has fair reputation
Lightbulb Vassals...

I think there are a variety of options here...

Having a Master and Vassal system would have to be a two way street in a game like this, what benefit would allowing another country become a vassal prove to you? Why not just sack their city and be done with it? I think for the Master, it would come in the form of Troops and resources over time. So for example if a Human empire makes an elf country a vassal, then the human empire would receive a certain number and type of elf units every x number of days, and/or a basic set of resources that would amount to more then what they would get from just sacking, just over a longer period of time. This would give the player a more meaningful choice, based on his/her current situation. Do I need resources now? Or can I get more over a period of time, and/or get some different units?

As for the Vassal player, accepting becoming a vassal comes with the cost of less military units, and not having to loose such a large amount of resources all at once. Additionally, Vassal subjects will be under a veil of political protection for x number of turns, based on whatever treaty is drawn up... something like that.

The Master/Vassal system would also have to be finite, so that subjectivity to the Master would not last forever... Breaking the protection/treaty/whatever would have to have penalties in the form of reputation with other nations.

Keep in mind my ideas are without myself having any playing experience with this game, just some thoughts based on the topic subject.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:08 AM

ceronor298 has a default reputation

It can be done, just gotta get it done right.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Zarachas has a default reputation

Sounds like a balance issue, this vassal thing, at least of you can start getting troops from other factions. But yeah I like the idea. It would also be cool if you where able to release the Vassal state of you attacked the master, og you could threat them to release that way, we could have an alliance actins as world police :P
Old 01-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Cathorian has a default reputation

i dont think getting units from other factions would turn out too great, depending on how realistic the gameplay is because it would be hard to replenish their numbers after a fight and i know some games where having different races in your army affect overall morale and performance
Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Keep in mind you can buy mercs from other races throughout the game. Keeps army life...diverse.