Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Nationality - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 12:13 AM

Nermal has a default reputation
Default Nationality

Will there be an option ingame to quickly search for people from the same country, I read & write english understandably, but not so with French German Spanish etc
Old 12-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

lukas90lca has a default reputation

That would be something helpful, they should consider it.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:55 AM

Elkoremarr has a default reputation

Mebe make servernavn then All know wher from i play many online game and fast server go Like xxxx is dk yyyy is USA ......

But ingame searc Will be great
Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 AM

Kashindo has a default reputation

Yes that woul be helpfull, of course many people speak english but it's allways more exhausting not to communicate in your own language, because you have to think more about how to say something correctly.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Piaskowy has a default reputation

Yes it would be great, but still..we have forums, fansites...hope we get option to create our language topics, so ppl from each country can gather in one place, help each other...so new players that dont know english, dont spam the forum/in game chat and get blocked etc.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Dreadnought has a default reputation

Well Im sure they will have different servers for different nationalities, doesnt seem good business to alienate the 75% of the world population who dont speak English

Quote:
20 -25% speak English as a native or second language. There are 300 million Chinese studying English and many more from India, Korea and the Arab world.
-------
There are about 200 languages that have a million or more "native" speakers. Mandarin Chinese is the most common, being spoken by around 874,000,000 people as a native language. English is a distant third with approximately 341,000,000 native speakers.

It has become the most useful language to learn for international travel and is now the de facto language of diplomacy. In 2001, the 189 member countries in the United Nations were asked what language they wish to use for communication with embassies from other countries. More than 120 chose English, 40 selected French, and 20 wanted to use Spanish. Those who wanted English to be the common language included all of the former Soviet republics, Viet Nam, and most of the Arab world. English is also the dominant language in electronic communication. About 75% of the world's mail, telexes, and cables are in English. Approximately 60% of the world's radio programs are in English. About 90% of all Internet traffic is as well. However, the percentage of Internet users who are not native English speakers is increasing rapidly, especially in Asia
http://anthro.palomar.edu/language/language_1.htm

BTW - This is what Americans believe. :-)

On average, adult Americans believe that just over half (52%) of the whole world's population speak English. The real number, according to The National Foreign Language Center in Washington DC, is probably closer to 20% at the most.

Source: http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/53199
Old 01-20-2011, 05:28 PM

bishopgunn has a default reputation

I hope there are restrictions also, there are a lot of big differences culture wise that cause problems. It gets really old having people rip on the united states constantly i would rather avoid that junk.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

This is a pretty good idea. While some of the MMO games have their dedicated "your language here" guilds and servers, I`ve never seen an easy "Search and Join" function for this. At this point I can`t confirm if we`ll have this as a feature - but thanks for your suggestions - I do believe it`ll make playing the game with other "your language here" players that much easier.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:35 PM

Wyzak has a default reputation

Would there be worldwide servers, or servers hosted in each country? If for example Blizzard's approach is followed where there are EU and US servers, will I be able to play on both with the same account, or will I need a EU or US account? The reason I am asking is that I stay in South Africa, with every MMO game coming out it is always a problem where half of your friends buy EU and the other half buy US. Then people try and play for a few months, and eventually decide to join the rest, resulting in a lot of people having to buy a new game and start all over...