Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Dynamic Enviroment - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 03:26 PM

Lanolin has a default reputation

This is a really cool idea. What they could do also is add the chance of their being a world wide plague. So this notorious disease goes around, and rumors of its onslaught are reported to other empires via a announcement feature within the game. And basically you have to adjust to it by purchasing various forms of medical supplies or your troops and civilians who occupy your city will fall ill or something like that. Just a thought, but set piece events within the game would defiantly make it feel like the world is alive. Another cool thing would be like say you have your empire really close to a mountain, the chance of an avalanche is high so you would have to build some sort of contraption or scale your walls higher to cope with such a thing in the event that something disastrous like that could happen.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:43 PM

hugenhlfan has a default reputation

I would like this it seems like the seasons changing would be a pretty nice challenge though such as food prices sky rocketing and stuff of that nature.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:08 PM

darthplagued has a default reputation

would be nice.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:57 PM

ImmoralAtheist has a default reputation

So, here we go about these 10 posts

I would definitely like seasons, these could also bring certain "effects".

A thing with dynamic enviroments, atleast if this game is a "real" mmorts where competition is everything, then you should be careful about what you make "dynamic". If there's events like a certain stock of items is nearly depleted in a region, then those who are one (most likely those who play the most) will reap the benefits. In other words, if you stay on 24/7 you get a massive improvement, and this is not good for strategy.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:09 PM

data2.0 has a default reputation

How about a roving armada on the oceans stopping at coastal cities and waging war at random. You'd have to build a fleet to try and hunt them down
Old 04-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Briggsby has a default reputation

I like the idea of random events but it could cetainly be annoying. I mean for worldwide events like food shortages then it would be fine because it depends on how well safeguarded you are against that kind of event, but say that you were at a sort of stalemate with another player and then suddenly one of you happens to have a natural disaster giving the other person a chance to win; certainly unfair; more reality isn't always better :P
Then again as an RTS things like stalemates are pretty hard to come across, and maybe there could be something which tries to prevents natural disasters. I remember somebody posting something about weather controlling witches which would perhaps be a cool mechanism; where by having witches you have either a lower chance or a limited number of ways to prevent natural disasters (each witch can prevent one natural disater per whatever).
This could also result in where you can try and cause natural disasters in enemy lands or cause better crops in your lands using witches, but when you get to this point you've already lost the randomness which was the original appeal in natural events :P
Old 04-20-2011, 08:33 PM

WarriorKing has a default reputation

World cataclysms, not new but less boring.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:36 AM

SundayForever has a default reputation

I love this idea. Its implemented in some MMOs already and i think it adds alot to the game if these kinds of events happen sometimes that affects everyone.

Especially i like things like foreign armies invading the whole land and everyone has to fend them off, or an evil wizard takes control of supermonsters that ravage the land

Last edited by Puppeteer : 04-22-2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: External Advertising
Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 AM

Zontiac@hotmail.com has a default reputation

i love this idea.. witch is a reason why ill be getting guild wars 2 for their dynamic events ) makes gaming alot more fun..
Old 04-26-2011, 04:13 AM

Ciprian has a default reputation
Default good ideea

i like it,it would make game even more intresting