Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Dynamic Enviroment - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

I agree with this idea. Random events could add a great deal of spice to the game. These should not happen very often - certainly not every week. Perhaps more of a once a month or so thing. With a larger event (like a campaign against some invading horde) twice a year. I like things that give smaller penalties/benefits to people randomly, thus mixing up the game and possibly turning the tables on people who thought they were stronger than everyone else.

I.E. food becomes scarce, suddenly that guy who had a 'few too many farms' doesn't seem like such a newb.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:58 PM

boondock5aint has a default reputation

yeah fantastic idea, and agree with the not too often, as i find with most games that have random events once you start seeing them every 5mins you see all of them withing 3hours of gameplay, which ruins the surprise side of things, so lots of possibilities, choices on dealing with them, and rare-ish occurance sounds great
Old 02-02-2011, 03:46 PM

kessevan has a default reputation

I LOVE the idea. That really emphasizes the MMO part of the game. I hope this happens.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:24 PM

OniKenji has a default reputation

definitly interesting id love to have that level of realism it would make the game come to life
Old 02-11-2011, 04:58 PM

Relee has a default reputation

I've always loved the idea of persistant worlds, especially ones where natural events lead to interesting behavior. A plague, tornado, earthquake, or other natural disaster, or something seasonal like a bad crop or a hard winter or a drought.

It would also be really neat if it was harder to move armies during the winter time.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:15 PM

Kultyz has a default reputation

I honestly agree with both enviromental and events that affect the way you play, that doesn't force you to it, or either destroys or makes u invincible, but offers you some paths to choose from on ways to play and increase the deep in you get from the game.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 PM

Sarkata has fair reputation

Sounds like a pretty decent idea. Dynamic gameplay is always more interesting.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Human Sect:
Peasant

Smegafier has a default reputation

I don't think tornados or earthquakes are very good ideas imo, reminds me of sim city having a freak tornado come through my city destroying a power plant or something important leaving me bankcrupt. Sure its unexpected and adds some element of surprise and realism, but in this type of game having that happen then getting attacked by another player would most likely mean losing and losing because of chance is not strategic, fun or skillful.

I think so long as these dynamic enviroments can't cause crippling damage to the overall wellbeing/outcome of your castle or battle it would be fine. (what kultyz said)

Last edited by Smegafier : 02-20-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Kultyz
Old 02-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Elven Sect:
Warden

Guibaz has a default reputation

I don't think tornados or earthquakes are very good ideas too. But if the wind change the direction of some arrows, the rain stop the fire and snow decrease movement speed ll be great. Dont you think ?

Last edited by Guibaz : 02-20-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:49 PM

cableslice has a default reputation
Default Realm wide events

I like the idea of events that affect everyone and change the way you must play. Keeps things interesting and fun.