Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Dynamic Enviroment - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2010, 07:53 AM

jambon99 has a default reputation

I also agree random events make a game more enjoyable. Players have to be ready to change their strategy at all times incase certain problems arise. Instead of sticking to one strategy, as a player you need to consider differents avenues. I'm thnking about CIV V, where a random event can break your small defense and the ennemy can take many citys really fast.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:31 AM

Emrus has a default reputation

yeah random events keep the game lively and fresh,some kinda worker revolt(apart from the usual tax effect ,if any) or even workers speaking some random words with each other,lightly...would be cool. It shall add a flavour of humor to the game while we enjoy our fighting endeavors

Imagine:

A farmer says: "oh no! we have pests to get rid off our farming output :O"

2nd farmer : "yeah, We must report to the city collector! "

If we click on the 2nd farmer, the problem is solved/assured of being solved and the city gets some bonus to farm output . or something on the lines

just an example.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:25 PM

guitarist123 has a default reputation
Default Random = fun

Well the more real.. or you can say Random the world is the longer a person can play befor he/she facepomes into there desk. There for the more random the better.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:56 AM

Rycon has a default reputation

Dynamic environments will make the game look much more alive.They have to be coded well so that the feature would not effect server or client performance that much.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:06 AM

DirtEaterr has a default reputation

Awesome idea. Totaly aggre.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:23 AM

krichard has a default reputation

Seems like it would be a good idea for them to have a npc faction along with the playable ones,one that could set off on its own campaigns against actual players nearby and gets stronger and stronger when it gains more territory.Something that would have to have neighboring players to set aside differences to repel them and take back lost territory etc.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:09 PM

Overlawd has a default reputation
Default +10!

Great Idea, It does make the game feel more in depth. But I would say make them more "loose" than previous games? Like Warhammer did a pretty good think with Public Quests, But they just repeated and only effected the small area they were in...Then you've got RIFT coming out soon, Which has it going on with random events, But they will happen everywhere/no where, All over the place all the time, Or in one place at one time...But I could see the same thing happening getting old quick. So DoF should make it a mix of events, With different variables. Probably a difficult thing to accomplish quickly and easily, But a GREAT end result? Maybe? Maybe Not? I could be missing something.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:39 PM

GoGoCactusMan! is just above average reputation

I would enjoy this simply because it would keep me more on my toes, make me take the world more seriously.

Dynamics like these could have an effect on player alliances/relations as well, which would in turn, create a more dynamic world overall.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:41 PM

Shinigami has a default reputation

It would be cool to have random drops of resources or some other insentive than advertising it to players in the region starting a war to see who can get to it first and defend it
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 PM

modernatomic has a default reputation

Random events can be great fun, as long as they aren't devastating; it would suck to be crippled by a bad RNG result. There was an old BBS door game called Barren Realms Elite that had a chance of random events where it could be anything from a gift of money or units to random NPC pirate faction raids. It added a little lottery element that was fun.

A really wide range of random small events that could occur beyond simple quests such as the visiting of gypsies that could result in a gift or theft, or a bandit or pirate raid, etc. would be great, especially if the events were dictated in a small way by the player race, location, and actions.