Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Mortal Online - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010, 09:24 PM

lonewolf9567 has a default reputation
Default Mortal Online

has anyone heard of this yet? it is currently in beta testing and anyone can get in as long as you pre order the game. It is going to be the first, first person mmo. You dont auto attack like in wow you have complete control of the combat. Think of the combat as a oblivion style game. It is being developed by an independent gaming company so the beta is not glamorous, it is a true beta as in you are mostly testing but people are having fun anyway including me. Currently there is alot of bugs but that's because its beta.

Another thing it is skill based not leveling, so to be good you dont have to xp grind some people would have to used to this but if you like first person shooters you will be good.

the crafting in the game is the most amazing in any mmo even currently while its not even complete. You pick different types of materials tungsteel nyx etc. then you have to pick a handle currently there is 12 types eventually there will be over 50, next you choose a core for that handle meaning a material such as nyx. then you choose a grip material. next you can choose a blade type. if you are going axes then you pick a axe type, sword,etc then you choose a material for it and its complete.

Now the vids on youtube dont do this game any justice because usually people who aren't great play them. but in game when your fighting to save your armor and weapons etc you get the blood pumping,. also the game is full loot meaning if you die whatever you are carrying is your components taken.

heres the link to the site http://www.mortalonline.com/

heres a gameplay vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUxmfwAz9L0
Old 01-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf9567 View Post
has anyone heard of this yet? it is currently in beta testing and anyone can get in as long as you pre order the game. It is going to be the first, first person mmo. You dont auto attack like in wow you have complete control of the combat. Think of the combat as a oblivion style game. It is being developed by an independent gaming company so the beta is not glamorous, it is a true beta as in you are mostly testing but people are having fun anyway including me. Currently there is alot of bugs but that's because its beta.

Another thing it is skill based not leveling, so to be good you dont have to xp grind some people would have to used to this but if you like first person shooters you will be good.

the crafting in the game is the most amazing in any mmo even currently while its not even complete. You pick different types of materials tungsteel nyx etc. then you have to pick a handle currently there is 12 types eventually there will be over 50, next you choose a core for that handle meaning a material such as nyx. then you choose a grip material. next you can choose a blade type. if you are going axes then you pick a axe type, sword,etc then you choose a material for it and its complete.

Now the vids on youtube dont do this game any justice because usually people who aren't great play them. but in game when your fighting to save your armor and weapons etc you get the blood pumping,. also the game is full loot meaning if you die whatever you are carrying is your components taken.

heres the link to the site http://www.mortalonline.com/

heres a gameplay vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUxmfwAz9L0

If you like this type of game, ie: MMOs where player ability means more than character level, equipment drops when you die etc. I suggest you take a look at darkfall, I got tired of it but it is a much better game and has many similarities. It's been out for over a year now. Though the crafting does suck in DF. It's first person for ranged attacks and third person when you're melee for combat in DF.

MO Definitely has some potential but I think they might be too ambitious, trying to do too much, the number of hitboxes and the graphics are going to limit how many players can fight in the same area pretty heavily. Also from what I've seen the crafting in MO resembles SWG's, it's not really original and unique, but it's better than any other system for crafting I've seen.

I'll try it eventually since I quite like MMORPGs but I can't stand gear/level deciding how good you are, what made darkfall fun for me and what will likely make MO entertaining is that a very good player can indeed kill several other people by themselves because you have to manually aim every hit.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 01-08-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:00 AM

lonewolf9567 has a default reputation

[quote=Josh Warner;22414]If you like this type of game, ie: MMOs where player ability means more than character level, equipment drops when you die etc. I suggest you take a look at darkfall, I got tired of it but it is a much better game and has many similarities. It's been out for over a year now. Though the crafting does suck in DF. It's first person for ranged attacks and third person when you're melee for combat in DF.

MO Definitely has some potential but I think they might be too ambitious, trying to do too much, the number of hitboxes and the graphics are going to limit how many players can fight in the same area pretty heavily. Also from what I've seen the crafting in MO resembles SWG's, it's not really original and unique, but it's better than any other system for crafting I've seen.

I'll try it eventually since I quite like MMORPGs but I can't stand gear/level deciding how good you are, what made darkfall fun for me and what will likely make MO entertaining is that a very good player can indeed kill several other people by themselves because you have to manually aim every hit.[/QUOTE
thats how i feel about mmo's now a day i like how in dfall and mortal you have a chance at being the best were as in wow you can take on two people.

Mortal i enjoy very much its just that its an indie company and it will take time for it to be great
Old 01-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Kaznafein has a default reputation

Yep been watching MO for awhile now and most likely will purchase it. Looks like if the devs of that game can accomplish what they say they can, the game will be amazing. Might wait a little after the release to purcahse it though.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Altastico has a default reputation

I like the idea behind mortal online, with the looting players and all that sounds, really good, prob gonna be similar to Darkfall. Problem is they are making it 1st person only.I personally like to play rpg's 3rd person, like the WoW interface. The annoying thing is everyone keeps saying keep it 1st person because it will be more immersive, but my arguement is why not give people the choice.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:33 PM

Chojin has a default reputation

I tested Mortal Online.
I was in the beta and during first days after release.

It is an unfinished game with lots of bugs, empty lore,...
I know they have fixed some stuff recently but the game still sounds empty.

This MMO sandbox won't beat Darkfall which is a MMO sandbox that is growing and improving each day.
If you like this type of game I would advice you Darkfall.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:14 AM

manbeast77 has a default reputation

You know, with so many free to play or item mall games out there that are actually quite decent. I refuse to play any MMO of any sort that has a greater than $5/month pricetag. Why? Simply, you get very little "reward" for supporting the game. Hell there are even "item mall" games that offer a cheap monthly subscription for credits or whatnot to use plus an exp bonus.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:30 AM

furanlost has a default reputation

It seems like a nice concept but execution is another thing. and I'm with manbeast about monthly subscription. I've done it in the past, not really going to do it in the future
Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 PM

Endothan has a default reputation

It looked like a fun game, but I was afraid that it would not be worth the montly subscription.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

I played it a long time and I was one of those ignorant people who judged the game by its' presentation and control scheme and well I left after 5 minutes.
Also the character creator features full nudity which made me question the game lol (not that I care, it'll probably just be mature rated, and face controversy, when it really doesn't have to...)
Anyway I personally didn't like it but I didn't give it that big of a test either. It felt really weird and unpolished so I just left.

But hey don't take my word for any of that, as I hardly tested it.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.