Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Seamonsters!! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Nimlot has a default reputation
Default Seamonsters!!

Hello everyone!

I came up in another thread with the idea of sea monsters in the naval part of the game. It was after i saw the elven Kraken that i thought, wouldnt it be cool if there were sea monsters??

maybe people wouldnt enjoy it in sea combat or when you sail out with your ships to see them be attacked by a giant sea serpent or a megalodon shark (thats AI controlled, ofc, not talking about kraken)

But maybe instead as a part of a quest.

What do you guys think? would you enjoy it?
Old 12-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Yeah I'd guess that in some quest somewhere you're troop ships get eaten or something by a marauding sea monster . Most likely when playing as orcs. I hope they expand the sea monster parts of the navies
Old 12-05-2010, 07:29 PM

whitewing91 has a default reputation

A quest would be nice where you hunt down someone legendary, or even neutral ones within certain sea's
Old 12-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Or you could deliver food or something and that would trigger them to be helpful to you but not be under your control. Then when the enemies attack blub blub blub they all get sunk
Old 12-05-2010, 08:51 PM

shawnchi has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
Or you could deliver food or something and that would trigger them to be helpful to you but not be under your control. Then when the enemies attack blub blub blub they all get sunk
That's kinda over powered.. Unless the seamonster has a cool-down rate
Old 12-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Nimlot has a default reputation

Atleast there should be big sharks that munch on sailors that end up in the water after/during a fight

Is there any way to fit sea monsters in the game and stil having it being balanced?
Im thinking maybe some kind of a spell that lures a sea monster to a battle and ravages random ships in that battle, this could work in your favour if you have say less ships or if you are loosing, to take down alot of enemy ships with you so that there are fewer enemy ships surviving.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:32 AM

raedwulfrum has a default reputation

It would be nice to sea the naval portion of the game come up as a viable area of focus, rather than just a mild distraction from land and siege based combat. Random encounters and the like would certainly help add some life.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:28 AM

Rokniel has a default reputation

Non-cosmetic random monsters in a pvp environment would most likely be quite frustrating. Making a working strategy for a battle only to have it crumble due to a completely random event is one of the most frustrating thing in games :/
Old 01-20-2011, 01:38 AM

valodimer has a default reputation

@.@ here come the might kraken !! )
Old 01-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

One of the first content packs to be released soon after the game is out deals exclusively with water based gameplay. This pack not only includes large variety of ships and creatures like Krakens for each race, but also various island based NPC towns and stronghold, new shoreline homeland option for players and a lengthy quest pack.

And it looks like we will include some huge sea monsters to make naval exploration expireince more "interesting" Thank you for your suggestions - love the idea of a giant sea serpent.

I can see having a AI Sea Serpent appear in the middle of the PvP naval battle and beging to attack anyone who comes near - being a good twist. Also having some quests deal with hunting down and defeating some incredibly powerful sea monster should be fun as well.