Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Attention new members: Posting and YOU! - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 08:55 PM

GoGoCactusMan! is just above average reputation

This thread is the reason why I am spending a lot of time reading through and really trying to pay attention to this game. I was a long time veteran of the Command & Conquer franchise and I watched the forums for that series dilute themselves into nothing more than hateful, non constructive rants.

This forum however, seems to be absolutely impressive; filled with a multitude of great gamers that want to contribute their ideas constructively. Dawn of Fantasy looked like a great game when I looked at the website, but right here is what sold me.

My hat is off to the gentlemen and ladies that are posting and keeping discussions going.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoCactusMan! View Post
This forum however, seems to be absolutely impressive; filled with a multitude of great gamers that want to contribute their ideas constructively.
Yes, and we moderators work very hard to make sure that the forum will always be like this.
I like you btw. Keep up the good posting.

PS: Cacti ftw.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

rebelglitch has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolleyboy View Post
I think it was really smart of them to include this as part of the beta requirements, not only does it help weed out those who wouldn't devote a sufficient amount of time to the game, it helps create a community. Props!
This can also have the revers effect by weeding out some serious testers. Take me for instance, I do quite a bit of alpha and beta testing for games, apps, and OSs and I devote more than sufficient amount of time to say, game play. Some alphas only have the game up for 6hrs a week to play if that so you play on their schedule. However I've been a member of one alpha test for almost a year and I only have about 15 forum posts, but on the flip side I have literally hundreds of detailed bug reports, game play issues and balance suggestions. I do read the forums but I'm not much of a talker so tend not to post much. Ten posts can be a bit of a challenge for testers like me. I did come here to sign up for the beta as RTS games tend to be one of my favorite genre to play and I will attempt to meet the post requirements but as another post said itís hard to commit on something we have little insight on.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 PM

roughneck19086 has a default reputation

I can understand the reason a limit was placed but I only just found this game so am having to rush to join in the forums. I do hope to be a positive contributer but even for games i have followed from start up, I have never had ten posts. But if what we are writing is really getting back to the developers and helping shape this game, I will do my best to provide helpful insights and i believe that is what the point of this thread is. Help them understand what we think of their game.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:46 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalkor has a default reputation

What I find truly humorous is the amount of people I see sitting at exactly 10 posts. It's almost staggering. Though I started before the beta was announced I have had my share of non-helpful commentary, but some people just don't read through a 3 page thread and end up posting about something that was answered a couple posts up.

/sigh
Old 01-23-2011, 06:58 AM

Verrenth has a default reputation

I dont mind the post minimum thing i guess it helps get everyone envolved and maybe more likely to post feedback, but at the same time i like to read and be the silent memeber in the back while i have done beta and alpha testing before and am more then able to post feedback.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:06 PM

I dont know how many more times I'll have to repeat this: The 10 post limit does not apply anymore! You can have 3 posts and get in the beta, or 500 and not get into beta (there's a member like that, yes).
The 10 post thing was for CB4 testers who were old lurkers invited back to become active.
For you guys it doesn't apply.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:15 AM

denda has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
I dont know how many more times I'll have to repeat this: The 10 post limit does not apply anymore! You can have 3 posts and get in the beta, or 500 and not get into beta (there's a member like that, yes).
The 10 post thing was for CB4 testers who were old lurkers invited back to become active.
For you guys it doesn't apply.
To begin with, you should mention it at least ONCE. Secondly, you are able to edit your first post to stop the newbies who seem to **** you off. It is, indeed, clear that there are people who gain access with only two posts, but it is clear as well that YOU liked his/her posts. If you are new here, you don't know all the admins and mods and who of them is the most "important." You only get the idea that one of many can grant you access. But maybe you don't like his/hers scolding newbies and therefore you decide to go the 10-post-way.

I heard from this game for the first time last week and tried to apply for the beta, but there were always some errors. Today, I tried it again and it worked finally. I signed up and went to the media section to"try looking through past media and discussions and respond to whatever interests you." On my way, I discovered this thread and agreed at first with its statement. Later on, I unfortunately realised that there isn't much I can contribute. Some ideas sound great, but most of the topics consist of a slightly more detailed retelling of the FEATURES-Tab on the main-page which offers nothing but marketing-information.

Now I am wondering why this Closes Beta News went out of this board. You want a lot of people discussing something, fair enough, but they are not allowed to simply express their first-glance-oppinion? Maybe you want to advertise with "a lot of sign ups" and a "great board activity" which leads to an "highly antcipated game", but now every newbie needs to really work to write some good posts because "i like this ... like a dozen others..., because of the reasons ... mentioned by a dozen others" is not appreciated. All this work for a game you are very curious about but also doubting it's success because of the other "MMORTS" predecessors?
Again: It's a good way to sent active board members a key if you want testers, but don't tout the starting beta then especially if one of your moderator scares newbies away and there is only few information (guesses and goals) about the core gameplay available.

Last edited by denda : 01-24-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:45 PM

Dude. Again, this does NOT apply to you. See you're complaining but you don't even know what this thread is about. Let me explain it to you:

During Closed Beta 4, BEFORE the publisher was announced and you guys came, we sent out a mass mail to all forum members inviting them to test the game. This was for the people that were already signed up but either hadn't visited for a long time or were just lurking the forums with 0 posts. We asked them to post 10 contributive posts (at least) to show that they are still interested and would like to participate. Nevertheless, this resulted with some members posting absurdly short, useless and clearly "I don't care about this game but I want beta" posts. One such member repeated the same 3 word post 10 times in 10 different threads, assuming he can get away with it.

Now you're thinking that this still applies to you, no it doesn't. I'll edit the first post, I thought it was clear enough that it's "for those who received the email with the 10 post offer" as I stated in the thread. But you're not forced to post anything like this, although we'd still love it if you did, and if you want you can still follow the tips in this thread to do that, you can post general things and you'll be fine.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:16 PM

mouzed has a default reputation

Good thing it is not necessary to have 10 positive posts anymore

>)