Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What do you want the next race to added to be? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Human Sect:
Archer

evilwithin has a default reputation

i think reverie have said that the dragons will be the first playable race to be added and then the dwarves. and I've read about the dark elves in some lore so they should appear at some point ( or it might have been fanfiction lol) still dark elves would be cool

Last edited by evilwithin : 12-05-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Nimlot has a default reputation

I read about the the Maakvir race that was cut, a salamandertype aquatic race.. as i read it was cut erly but it sounds like it would have been a cool addition

you can read about it here
http://dof.heavengames.com/info/factions/forgotten
Old 12-05-2010, 11:01 AM

Farseer_Arien has a default reputation

ya I agree the salamanders/lizard race would be great heck I would play them. Wouldn't be hard to set up aswell as they would like swamplands more.

Also perhaps a merfolk faction which would take control of the seas units could be nagas and such...
Old 12-05-2010, 03:10 PM

chickenlota has a default reputation
Default undead

i dont know i might want some kind of undead race because i think that is cool cause i would want SKELITON WARRIORS LOL ya i love skeliton warriors armored up with axes and spears and everything
Old 12-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Marcos182 has a default reputation

I also dislike handguns, it just pushes the feel to a renaissance theme and i can't stand that. I want this game to stick strongly with Dark ages or Medieval themes. If you the dwarves need better technology they can invent badass crossbows or something

Anyway i vote for dwarves or dark elves
Old 12-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Sharku has a default reputation

I think the Minotaur race would be interesting. Since they really have no preconceived archeotype in Fantasy gameplay the designers could get really creative with them.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:35 PM

whitewing91 has a default reputation

I still would like a dragon race even though they removed it and just make it neutral. I'd get the game for sure then.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Lord_Itzalak has a default reputation

Quote:
ya I agree the salamanders/lizard race would be great heck I would play them. Wouldn't be hard to set up aswell as they would like swamplands more.
Is this the same or different than the Dragon race they might do in the future?

Quote:
Also perhaps a merfolk faction which would take control of the seas units could be nagas and such...
Sounds a little one dimensional to me if you are talking solely merfolk...my guess is that the majority of fighting will occur on land, so you would have to venture onto land if you want any serious action, and that would be a severe disadvantage.

Quote:
dwarves, undeads, dark elves... maybe some beastmen......
Sounds like Warhammer to me...

What surprises me most about the replies so far is on other threads so many players seem to be lamenting the loss of the Drake/Dragon race, yet not too many replied on this thread...or maybe they are just shouting the loudest. I can't fault that though, Drakes are my favorite in Battle for Westnoth.

I wouldn't mind Dwarves or Undead as the next race, but mostly because they would be exciting to fight and in my mind belong in a fantasy setting, not for any reason of wanting to play as those races myself. For myself, in the game Warhammer I absolutely love the Lizardmen, so I probably would like the salamanders/lizard race spoke of above. If it ends up being the dragon race, I don't know how much I'd like it to play as myself, depends on the units besides the dragons as the developers said you wouldn't have to many real dragons anyway...and I'd like to be able to love my basic unit, not pick my race only for the elite one. But a lizard race with dinosaur like things would be pretty cool I think. Actually really cool thinking about the graphics they could do...
Old 12-05-2010, 09:16 PM

Radman has a default reputation

I agree a dragon type race would be awesome as no other game really has player controlled dragons and even though the Maakvir was a great idea im not sure how they would have balanced it with the other races as being able to build and go on water would be a huge advantage. Unless they made it that it it was like a time consuming process to have the units change from like fins to feet and such. Making it so they it wasnt a case of just swim into the water and be safe. But then again i dont really know much about this stuff so i dont know wat would and wouldnt work. Though if they are going to add another race i hope it wouldnt be like the dwarves not because they are not cool or something but you see dwarves all the time just it would be great if they gave us something different.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:40 AM

Emrus has a default reputation

necromancers, that can raise dead troops or may be use nature or dark magic combo