Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What do you want the next race to added to be? - Page 11 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2011, 01:50 PM

Myrcea01 has a default reputation

i think dwarves are fine, best economy, best siege equipment, best heavy armoured units, but lacking archers and cavalery

that's how i see the dwarves
Old 01-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Not the best economy no. And I doubt they'll have the best siege equipment. Heavily armored units yeah. But best economy definitely goes to the elves.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:25 PM

Desthin has a default reputation

Aww but everyone knows Dwarves are rich!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Froody42 has a default reputation

They couldn't go overboard with the Dwarves because of balancing. If the Dwarves took best defense and best economy from the Elves, the Elves wouldn't have much left against the Dwarves. Similiarly, Dwarves couldn't have the best siege against other castles as well as the best castles of their own - that would mean the best way to defeat a Dwarven player is just to play Dwarves yourself, which could create a very boring metagame.

That said, I think there's a ton of room for unique features with the Dwarves, like tunneling as a siege method or majestic fortresses inside a mountain, like the Erebor - that would mean they could easily be added to the existing persistent map because the devs could fill existing mountain ranges with Dwarven realms instead of having to expand the map.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:28 AM

kristofer has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froody42 View Post
They couldn't go overboard with the Dwarves because of balancing. If the Dwarves took best defense and best economy from the Elves, the Elves wouldn't have much left against the Dwarves. Similiarly, Dwarves couldn't have the best siege against other castles as well as the best castles of their own - that would mean the best way to defeat a Dwarven player is just to play Dwarves yourself, which could create a very boring metagame.

That said, I think there's a ton of room for unique features with the Dwarves, like tunneling as a siege method or majestic fortresses inside a mountain, like the Erebor - that would mean they could easily be added to the existing persistent map because the devs could fill existing mountain ranges with Dwarven realms instead of having to expand the map.

Undead would be really awesome. I would probably never play as undead but I would love fighting against them. Dwarves are always cool too. But, to be honest, I would like to see the developers come up with a fresh, new idea of their own. It's cool to see some of the classic races but it's even more entertaining to be introduced to a new concept with an entirely new lore surrounding it.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:53 AM

Luxus has a default reputation

undead sound good
Old 01-29-2011, 11:18 PM

Cyneric has a default reputation

Well I'm opposed to sea otters, I'm more in the penguin camp, because like many things, no one expects the penguins. They could pillage and raze towns with their ferocious fury of not being able to fly, all while looking as if they were well dressed.

On a serious note, I think Undead would be nice since they would have an interesting way of recruiting new soldiers, given that they would be able to gain new soldiers from their fallen enemies. I would totally play as them, and if I could you know make an undead penguin army...then I consider that a bonus.

If not undead, I wouldn't mind seeing constructs, and if there will be dwarves and they are greater crafters/creators, you could always make constructs some kind of sentient spawn that turned on them and formed their own kingdom of sorts. There is just something about playing constructs that I love, but then again I always played as warforged or shard minds, so I'm biased.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

Yea, I agree undead would be pretty cool and i could imagine it having some fun play =) A golem race of some kind could be pretty neat too(brings be back to magic and some artifact decks lol)
Old 01-30-2011, 09:31 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Not the best economy no. And I doubt they'll have the best siege equipment. Heavily armored units yeah. But best economy definitely goes to the elves.
Thats not up to you to decide Litos, your a moderator not a game designer.

I see the 'Undead' as more of a special creep/enemy during quests and very special locations.

I really see Dragons being the next race, their gameplay is so unique.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 01-30-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Thats not up to you to decide Litos, your a moderator not a game designer.
I wasn't deciding, just predicting based off logic.
Sorry forgot to mention its my opinion.

Also, a viking race would be awesome. Superior navy! =D
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.