Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Internal Tester/QA Interns Wanted [FILLED] - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default Internal Tester/QA Interns Wanted [FILLED]

The deadline for this opening has passed. Keep checking the forums for future openings. Thanks.

Dear Forumers,

We are looking to add several Internal Testers to our team - and we wanted to give our fans a chance to join the team before we do an online posting.

Intern Tester/QA Internship:
Desired candidate will have a good amount of free time, a powerful home computer, 18 years old+, desire to get into the industry. Additional experience in Scenario design or LUA scripting would be a great asset.

Responsibilities:
  • Work from home - using wide range of online tools and communication applications - including Adobe Buzzword, Skype, MSN Messenger, Tortoise SVN, FTP.
  • Work with Programmers, Scripters and Level Designers to provide real-time testing reports.
  • Continuously play the game in the debug mode - not an enjoyable task for sure

Requirements:
  • Available 4 hours a day between 10AM EST and 5pm EST. (This might give a better chance to Candidates from Europe - who can work during their evening hours)
  • 20 hours per week commitment
  • Powerful home computer: Quad CPU, 3GBs Ram, 1024 MBs or better video card.
  • Knowledge of Tortoise SVN and FTP
  • 1 year experience designing Levels for any AAA RTS game (preferred but not required)
  • Some experience with LUA scripting language. Or similar scripting language (preferred but not required)

Benefits:
  • Monthly bonus payments after 1 month trial period
  • Opportunity for a continuous employment with Reverie
  • Wide range of learning opportunities - from 3D art to Level Design.
  • Full reference from Producer, and Managers
  • Full game credit

Please e-mail to jobs@reverieworld.com with your application. Subject: QA Intern Application

Last edited by Alex Walz : 12-05-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

In addition I wanted to mention that this Internal Tester position is actually a lot of work So if you think you`ll get to play DoF all day long - I have to disappoint you.

Main responsibility would be to wait on MSN or Skype to get a message from one of the developers - to test some new feature or a bug solution. After you get this request, you update the game client using SVN. Fire up the game - go to the specific game situation, check what happens, and report back to developer via MSN or Skype.

For example - Lead Scripter asks you to check if the crash after playing MMORTS for 10 minutes is still there. You start the game, play MMORTS game mode for 10 minutes, get a crash. And report back to Lead Scripter. Repeat 20 times in the same day - until the problem is solved. You get the idea
Old 12-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Hmm looks beyond me to but GL to all applicants and I hope RWS finds some gems hidden in the rough
Old 12-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

tim1983 has a default reputation

this sounds really interesting.. especially since i live in Europe and am a bit of a nightowl.. too bad im missing knowledge of tortoise and a bunch of the other stuff too however, GL to the candidates..
to the developers: is knowledge of Tortoise a must?.. have betatested alot of games in my day, so if not, i might send you an application

Last edited by tim1983 : 12-01-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

You can familiarize yourself with Tortoise SVN and FTP in a day, and the team can help you through any questions. These two alone shouldn't hurt your chances. SVN is just a form of file sharing between the team and Tortoise SVN is a free client.

Tortoise SVN (freeware)
FileZilla FTP (freeware)

There's not much to know, just google them to familiarize yourself with the concepts of Subversions and File Transfer Protocols.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Alright I've just sent out my application. Goodluck to all the other appliicants.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 12-01-2010, 06:01 PM

Feweh has fair reputation

Sent aswell, best of luck to all.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Tamiel has a default reputation

would want 2 but im 14 and have a terrible computer
Old 12-04-2010, 12:33 AM

SilverLeaf has a default reputation

Quote:
1 year experience designing Levels for any AAA RTS game (preferred but not required)
To be honest, I'm not sure if theres even ONE of us here who has done that... correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:35 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLeaf View Post
To be honest, I'm not sure if theres even ONE of us here who has done that... correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah I haven't, but I have been designing levels, period for over a year (with some rts maps included). Non professionally mind you (but with professional quality).

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Closed Thread