Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What Happens when you Deafeat a city - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2011, 08:07 PM

Jiiri has a default reputation

Yeah me too Adonai, I can't wait for this game!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:24 AM

DisgruntledGoat has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
The simple fact is --- everything will be owned by da orcs in da end, so whru curs! lol no really, im glad you don't lose everything if you lose because EVERYONE is going to lose at some point
From what Ive experienced with another MMORTS that ive been beta testing in which everyone is very much able to lose everything over night. but since everyone is pretty much able to lose everything, it balances itself out. it also helps that the defender as many more options available to them.

however in the game im testing (Stronghold Kingdoms) the whole game is based off of territory control and the only way to gain control of territory is either by getting everyone to join you in the target area OR to capture/destroy the enemies villages.

I think that without any real consequence to a defeated defender, attacking on a large scale to constitute a 'guild war' or a war between a few players would be come obsolete since there will be little profit other than a few extra resources.

I personally like the idea of capturing someone else's village and being able to use it for personal gain. As an attacker, a higher reward would entice me to risk more troops and such. However, I do realize that we will be attacking cities of different races and i get the idea that orcs arnt supposed to live in trees like elves. So an idea for this could be where the attacker wins the city plot and either begins a new city there from scratch or starts with whatever resources were in that city when it was captured.

food for thought

-DG-
Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
You can take over cities in Kingdom Wars, but thats not online. We don't want the entire world taken over by one giant online clan, just wont be good for new comers.

But hey maybe we can do something with the large cities along the lines of king of the hill. Though I could not imagine even 3 human players being able to take on Makkada let alone hold it.
I agree taking over player cities wouldn't suit this game.
But having big cities that alliances can take over for example your idea
King of the hills would be amazing.

And I will try to solo makkada :P i am so awesome in RTS its just not healthy anymore.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:44 PM

natatan has a default reputation

What if there were like, plots of land where you could make cities, and so other players could capture/conquer you new cities but cant capture you home city.this would make it so you can still have the enjoyment of an expanding empire.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
From what Ive experienced with another MMORTS that ive been beta testing in which everyone is very much able to lose everything over night. but since everyone is pretty much able to lose everything, it balances itself out. it also helps that the defender as many more options available to them.

however in the game im testing (Stronghold Kingdoms) the whole game is based off of territory control and the only way to gain control of territory is either by getting everyone to join you in the target area OR to capture/destroy the enemies villages.

I think that without any real consequence to a defeated defender, attacking on a large scale to constitute a 'guild war' or a war between a few players would be come obsolete since there will be little profit other than a few extra resources.

I personally like the idea of capturing someone else's village and being able to use it for personal gain. As an attacker, a higher reward would entice me to risk more troops and such. However, I do realize that we will be attacking cities of different races and i get the idea that orcs arnt supposed to live in trees like elves. So an idea for this could be where the attacker wins the city plot and either begins a new city there from scratch or starts with whatever resources were in that city when it was captured.

food for thought

-DG-
Yeah i understand where you coming from.
But i don't think it will fit in this game.
That would be just TOO much to micromanage everything.
But the option they gave to mass up an army and put resources into that and lvl them up makes them valuable to me.

I don't want an amazing army thats lvled pretty good and then it gets whipped off by an enemy. And on top of that i lose all my resources from my town thats a very good penalty for losing a defense match.

Territory wise, would be nice to have a "guild castle" that you can "destroy/take over"
For example a regional capital that you only can take over with a guild and teamwork with 3-4 people and ALOT of effort. Ofcourse at first its owned by an AMAZINGLY strong NPC.
At takeover you can send soldiers to the castle to garrison it. Cool part about it is it would be a mixed army if the alliance have mixed up races. Best of all races in the garrison :d.
And the bonus to have a castle like that is the guildleader could upgrade it so people in the alliance gets bonusses.Few Trade-mules or carts from the regional capital will go members of the alliance and deliver a bonus!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Mokhir has a default reputation

Experience from playing Stronghold kingdoms, there you can conquer everyone cities, down to the last city and they will just start over from the beggining, still containing all of their researching to boom cities fast and high rank. So you just start all over from the beggining in a new location. This has happened very rarely because defences are very strong. I came to this game hoping you can EMPIRE BUILD, and althought i will cope without it, I just would have more fun empire building.
Can you atleast empire build with freinds in LAN MODE?