Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What Happens when you Deafeat a city - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

hogtalare5 has a default reputation

so the as it is right now you only have one city, online? i hope it will come out a mod so you can claim other towns and form new ones. It would probably be a kind of hardcore server, for those who dont have life. I dont know what i think about taking over other players last town. It would be fun to do your self, but on the other hand it would be very bad to be the one destroyed.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:24 PM

Katana has a default reputation

It will probably work out the way that it is now.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

ZuluDawn has a default reputation

Damn i was really hoping for some conquering to be going down... i guess i have other games like the Total War series to splash my cash on for that.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:58 PM
DoF Moderator

Gwydion has fair reputation

The simple fact is --- everything will be owned by da orcs in da end, so whru curs! lol no really, im glad you don't lose everything if you lose because EVERYONE is going to lose at some point
Old 12-05-2010, 03:15 AM

ryuujin has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtalare5 View Post
so the as it is right now you only have one city, online? i hope it will come out a mod so you can claim other towns and form new ones. It would probably be a kind of hardcore server, for those who dont have life. I dont know what i think about taking over other players last town. It would be fun to do your self, but on the other hand it would be very bad to be the one destroyed.
yeah i think the game would be more interesting that way
Old 12-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Lord_Itzalak has a default reputation

I don't mind that you can't "conquer" a city really. That's all fine for a game that has a start and end, but I think this helps keep sanity in someone's life, not feeling pressured to always be working on it or else you'll fall to far behind and have to restart from scratch. Besides, you'll still get the satisfaction of massacring troops and plundering tons of resources. It makes some sense realistically, I think many conquered cities in historic days had relatively the same management after being conquered, they just lost a lot of resources and were forced to rebuild and fear for the next attack. You know that attack will be coming, so that is when you start getting an alliance together to try to withstand together that bigger player.

Quote:
After playing Facebook games of this genre, I would prefer more servers with less players. Having thousands of cities per "world" is a turnoff especially when player cities can't be conquered. A persistent, long-lasting world with thousands of players that can't be defeated outright and are often never there can create boredom.
There are thousands of cities in our world Earth too...I'm not sure how the not attacking players when they aren't there will work either (although I think it's a good thing)...my guess it will be pretty obvious who is and isn't online...and this way if you think you are the best and you hear about someone else who is terrorizing others, you can actually confront them directly instead of having to switch servers.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 AM

ceronor298 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
The simple fact is --- everything will be owned by da orcs in da end, so whru curs! lol no really, im glad you don't lose everything if you lose because EVERYONE is going to lose at some point
Not while the ancient Elves are putting arrows in all your ugly faces.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:08 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin

Lalas has a default reputation

So what is the cost of losing a battle?
It would be interesting a gameplay in which your city is defeated, and then you have two options, create an alliance with the victor, or give your city to the enemy completely, and so extend their conquered territory, perhaps a style of play "king of the mountain" in a diferent server "PVP-Harcore" or so.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:51 AM

DirtEaterr has a default reputation

Yeah. It would be realy cool to take ower another citys. But then it would be not friendly to new players ! ^^
Old 01-20-2011, 08:09 AM

Kashindo has a default reputation

I think if it would be possible to overtake other citys a few hardcore players would dominate the "world" and new or weaker players would have no chance to come up. A MMO has to make sure, that all players have fun, or why should someone pay money for a game where he has no chance to achieve something because he gets overrun after 5 minutes every time.