Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What Happens when you Deafeat a city - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2010, 12:28 PM

lonewolf9567 has a default reputation
Default What Happens when you Deafeat a city

I dont mean the start out city of a player. I understand you being only able to sack a players "last city" cause then they dont get kicked out of the game.

But what about other towns a player makes? Is it possible to take it over? Is it even possible to have a second city?

Im a very harcore focused player, and i would love to see this possible. I checked the FAQ it said
"The stronghold will revert back to the defender; however, you will be able to loot conquered strongholds for lots of resources."

I'm not sure if it applys to every city cause that would be kinda lame
Old 11-25-2010, 03:58 PM

SilverLeaf has a default reputation

Hey I don't want to have to live in fear every day that everything I worked for in the past 6 months can be taken away in 6 hours when I'm not looking. That's why I left eve :P

Anyway directly answering your question. In multiplayer you only have ONE city you cannot take over other cities and npc cities exist for you to sack and interact with but cannot take them over.

It ain't like tribal wars or travain or insert other civ clone browser based mmo here where you can build new cities, just don't work that way. Except in singleplayer mode.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:51 PM

Ah well guess it's just my style to like something like that

Well that's a turn off for me, but I'll manage
Guess I'll have to hope for a separate server for players like me

Last edited by lonewolf9567 : 11-25-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I wouldn't be too disappointed yet. This game is built on a different style then other games. It's got creative ideas instead of just stock ideas
Old 11-25-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
I wouldn't be too disappointed yet. This game is built on a different style then other games. It's got creative ideas instead of just stock ideas
Yeah who knows right? I'm kinda disappointing that ill be sharing borders with the same people till they quit. And sad to see ill never be able to expand my city into a country.

I understand Alliances, but really its just a collection of City-States working with each other to plunder other collections of City-States.

Last edited by lonewolf9567 : 11-25-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:48 AM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I understand Alliances, but really its just a collection of City-States working with each other to plunder other collections of City-States.
Hmm, yes. But the enemy city states will be forming alliances too. Fight fire with fire, I always say. And fight armies with bigger, better equipped, better trained armies.

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espadachim View Post
Hmm, yes. But the enemy city states will be forming alliances too. Fight fire with fire, I always say. And fight armies with bigger, better equipped, better trained armies.
But i dont understand the goal in the Alliances. If not for more territory then what? What is the point of having better trained/equipped armies?

A server (ONCE THE GAME HAS ENOUGH POPULATION) dedicated to this would make a lot of players happy. Empire building would make this game very re playable.

I'm sure he devs could think of ways to allow new players to get into the game before they can be taken over.

I understand after reading around the forums that the devs would have to rework the game for something like this. So i know ill never see this but its cool to think about. I mean they gotta remember that making this game to casual will drive players off too. And the only reason WoW does so good is because of the timing of its release, the already popular Warcraft series, money, and polish not because its extremely casual.

Last edited by lonewolf9567 : 11-26-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Taunaic has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espadachim View Post
Is not this great?
Old 11-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Altastico has a default reputation

I think empire building would be good too, i love RTS empire builders, and tbh theres not that many good ones, they all seem to be turn-based. However what would happen when people empires become too big on server, it would make it too hard for new comers, and as empires got bigger and bigger then the population of the server would get smaller and smaller.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altastico View Post
I think empire building would be good too, i love RTS empire builders, and tbh theres not that many good ones, they all seem to be turn-based. However what would happen when people empires become too big on server, it would make it too hard for new comers, and as empires got bigger and bigger then the population of the server would get smaller and smaller.
Why do you think it would be so easy for one player to form an empire? You wouldn't be able to do it alone so you would make friends!

It wouldn't be for the feint of heart. My guess is that a number of big alliances would form, and new players would choose which side they wanted. After all this is a mmo who wants to play solo.

To me as a new player I'd get right to work on making friends, and allying the closet empire. I realise that some players wouldn't be so quick to do this. But those are the players who would go to the other server that has never changing borders, and no threat of being conquered.

So like I said two servers, two play styles.