Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Open beta... any idea when and how long it lasts? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Please bear with me here - I can't answer all of your questions but will try to address them enough so that you can separate fact from rumour.

Quote:
So I was just wondering are they still going to stick by the 2010 release
I'm not authorized to answer this, but this question will be addressed shortly pending the publisher's official announcement of Dawn of Fantasy.

Quote:
IE Reverie sold out?
We didn't sell out, we just worked out a deal with an established publisher to benefit both parties (as well as the players) - something very standard in game design. We may not have 100% jurisdiction over the game's development, but we signed this away in the best interest of the game - allowing us to outsource professional QA and Voice Acting, localize the game, and market the game. Reverie is a fantastic studio, but there's no way we could have done those things without financial and professional support from a publisher.

Quote:
Yes, the next beta should be the the first open beta, but until a dev says it is, don't quote me.
Technically, it's another Closed Beta. But, I think it's safe to expect all of you to be in it as it we will open up sign-ups, and let in all active (past or present) forumers. The Open Beta will commence later on and will be mostly people from other sites - you guys will probably all be in by then.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:16 PM

SilverLeaf has a default reputation

Lol hope your publisher isn't crap then :P

Quote:
Technically, it's another Closed Beta. But, I think it's safe to expect all of you to be in it as it we will open up sign-ups, and let in all active (past or present) forumers. The Open Beta will commence later on and will be mostly people from other sites - you guys will probably all be in by then.
I sure hope so, though my post count isn't exactly spectacular. Not sure if my name is even still on the list, registered a year ago and been inactive till now.

Thanks for the official reply, sure clears up some stuff.

On a side note, so are we going to see the game soon as in the beta phase you speak of which all forumers will be in, will it be before 2011, or not for another few years? Not asking for a date, just asking if I should GTFO for another year.

Last edited by SilverLeaf : 11-07-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:49 AM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The Open Beta will commence later on and will be mostly people from other sites - you guys will probably all be in by then.
I look forward into seeing more HGers here.

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:23 AM

SilverLeaf has a default reputation

the way I see it, they must have a really few, hand picked testing team right now. We've been around like forever, and have yet to get an invite. These people must have signed up since like... 2005?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLeaf View Post
the way I see it, they must have a really few, hand picked testing team right now. We've been around like forever, and have yet to get an invite. These people must have signed up since like... 2005?
Just because someone has followed for years, doesnt mean they got in. Those who won competitions or are highly thought of in the forums got in first. Mostly it is due to who they think will contribute positively and not just joyride the experience, playing the game free and not giving feedback (Many do).
Also, beta has been going quite a while, there are probably a number of testers, although my guess is that while there have been a number of testers, many would have grown bored or moved on a bit and so the testing is probably as you said, few but determined.
However, from what I know of the forums, there are some good guys here and testing will be done well.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

The beta is excellent and I assume the game will set a new standard for the rts fantasy genre. I can't wait for the next round of beta testing to start.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Aothane has a default reputation

that is good to hear, among others I have been waiting patiently It would be a very good thing for a fantasy rts of this sort to be enjoyable to play and successful at that. A seemingly disparate combination at times -_-
Old 11-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
On a side note, so are we going to see the game soon as in the beta phase you speak of which all forumers will be in, will it be before 2011, or not for another few years? Not asking for a date, just asking if I should GTFO for another year.
We are tentatively looking at a Dec. 1st launch for the next beta. I say tentatively because we haven't formally announced it yet, but I see very little reason for possible delay. And then this mode will include a finalized Kingdom Wars and an introduction to MMORTS/Kingdom building.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Kyzarin has a default reputation

I only recently came across this game since I saw something about it on BFME2 heaven and realized that I'll probably enjoy playing it. Does "all forumers" include newcomers like myself, or only people who've been here for years?
Old 11-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
We are tentatively looking at a Dec. 1st launch for the next beta. I say tentatively because we haven't formally announced it yet, but I see very little reason for possible delay. And then this mode will include a finalized Kingdom Wars and an introduction to MMORTS/Kingdom building.
Stop making me feel worse about lack of graphics card!!! This REALLY sucks ya know?! I hate seeing these updates, even if it does keep me informed, it also rubs it in >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzarin View Post
I only recently came across this game since I saw something about it on BFME2 heaven and realized that I'll probably enjoy playing it. Does "all forumers" include newcomers like myself, or only people who've been here for years?
It says all 'active' forumers, as long as you stick around and make some sort of contribution to the community then definitely, if as I assume, you signed up and posted just this then you may not. But you probably will, or will at least have priority over the flood of newcomers that will come following publisher announcement