Can't wait for clan wars - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Tamiel has a default reputation
Default Can't wait for clan wars

I just a vid on youtube telling the story of a clan coalition and it does sound epic
Cant wait for this on DOF

The vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk2PI-qathU
Old 12-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Toth has a default reputation

If you're interested in these things, try checking out EVE politics . Evony's politics are fundamentally flawed because of the constant launch of new servers. Every time a new server launches, half the population of the previous server(s) joins the new one. Offcourse new players will pretty much always join a newer server over an older server because of the advantage older players would have.

The players that do stay in their server in Evony will all end up having a ton of villages with a ton of troops. At which point the game basically stales because nobody can break eachother.

I hope DoF will have something to prevent this from happening. The only solution I can come up with is having winning conditions. The reason current MMORTS's like evony shy away from it is because players would be ****ED if all the money they put into building their cities etc. would just dissapear. But with a monthly fee this issue doesn't really exist anymore.

Now there's one interesting browser MMORTS out there which has a winning condition, Lord of Ultima. I don't quite remember it but I believe it was about placing forts on top of specific locations on the map, then controlling those. If your alliance controlled enough of those locations and held them for a certain time, the alliance leader would be crowned Lord of Ultima, and the server would reset.

The downside of this is that it would force everyone to clump together in massive alliances and eventually into 2 alliances. But that's highly likely to happen with our without winning conditions.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:22 PM

Tenebrion has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
I just a vid on youtube telling the story of a clan coalition and it does sound epic
Cant wait for this on DOF

The vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk2PI-qathU
As a former Darkfall Online player, I've got to agree.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:50 PM

Bluecewe has a default reputation

Clan wars are always an interesting area of MMOs, sadly most games don't practise this sort of combat to the full extent that it could be intergrated.

I believe that the only game that allows for real "clan versus clan" combat is Eve Online, as someone previously stated. In most other games guilds are formed which mainly revolve around PvE combat, even if these guilds do attempt PvP combat they do not have the objects around them to make a real "war" feeling such as structures, land masses. Essentially sovereignty.

Being that Dawn of Fantasy is a MMORTS, I would take the risk of saying that clan versus clan combat will be realised to good extent because of the core components of strategy games.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:00 PM

irascor has a default reputation
Question

Just wondering but would there be such thang as clan wars you know clan vs clan on massive scale maps?
Old 12-04-2010, 02:06 PM

rtejada has a default reputation

im really hoping this can be very similiar to the "sand box" of eve online which virtually created a player-driven clan wars, politics, and "victory conditions." that was the true success of eve online and what has made it a consistent money maker.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

hogtalare5 has a default reputation

is the clans determined outside of the game or will the alliances be formed ingame, like travian? both would be good but i believe i think ingame alliances is preferred for me. Because then u can betray them for money?
Old 12-04-2010, 02:18 PM

Katana has a default reputation

Im also looking forward for clan wars. Organized fights are always more fun and strategic.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:20 PM

SleepS has a default reputation

As an old school Diplomacy nerd, betrayal sounds juuust fiiiine. If this game has a solid alliance system and the ability to coordinate attacks, I'm all over it.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Toth has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
As a former Darkfall Online player, I've got to agree.
(woot another DF veteran :P)

Darkfall's politics are boring though, it's because it's world is too small. Global banking and teleporting only add to the problem. Everyone is at every siege. Politics are nearly unexisting anymore because everyone fights everyone, everywhere.

And back in the good ol' days of hyperion vs the goons vs death alliance it was just a massive stalemate and was only broken because hyperion was rotten and about to collapse.

Both are things DoF needs to avoid although I'm not sure the latter is avoidable. The trick is to make cities slightly expendable, even if you lose yours, you should still be able to reasonably easy get back on your feet again.