Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Open beta... any idea when and how long it lasts? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2010, 03:17 AM

SilverLeaf has a default reputation
Default Open beta... any idea when and how long it lasts?

According to FAQ release is slated for 2010. 2010 is gona be over real soon. So I was just wondering are they still going to stick by the 2010 release, seeing open beta hasn't even started yet? Wanted a key so bad, didn't get one in 3rd wave, so hoping open beta starts soon. Any idea when?

With just a few more months to go, and having just started beta 3 with 2 more waves, not sure how this is going to work out.

Last edited by SilverLeaf : 11-06-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Well from what I'm getting on the forums, sounds like the publisher is starting, if not already taking over (like they did with the media, no more FF). If this is true then it's not up to reverie anymore, It's up to the publisher on when they want the game to be release (but there might be some negotiations between the two).

If you look at when the betas have lasted, most have lasted between a month to a month and a half. Which means the 4th beta hopefully should be starting the end of this month or the beginning of december.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 11-06-2010, 09:52 AM

So... lemme get this straight. The publisher is not reverie. 2 completely separate entities. IE Reverie sold out? Or are they still the devs and are they even still checking this forums?

So chances of a 2010 release is growing slim, but will the next wave be open beta? I seriously want to get a hands on before release, as my previous nation managing MMORTS is kinda stagnant and I'm hoping for a more popular, less niche game to run a guild in.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Animicantus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLeaf View Post
So... lemme get this straight. The publisher is not reverie. 2 completely separate entities. IE Reverie sold out? Or are they still the devs and are they even still checking this forums?

So chances of a 2010 release is growing slim, but will the next wave be open beta? I seriously want to get a hands on before release, as my previous nation managing MMORTS is kinda stagnant and I'm hoping for a more popular, less niche game to run a guild in.
You have publisher confused with developer. Reverie are still the developers, the publisher (who is still unknown at this point) takes care of funding, marketing, release date etc. I'm sure Reverie has some say, but the final word comes from the publisher. And the devs are quite active on the forums.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:

Animicantus said everything.

Yes, the next beta should be the the first open beta, but until a dev says it is, don't quote me.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 11-06-2010, 05:30 PM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

The next beta is the open one, well, at least WAS, but not so sure now. Anyway, hopefully it'll start in a few weeks.

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:58 AM

Hopefully before xmas
Old 11-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:

They said a while back early 2011 release is most likely. I assume all betas will be started by 2011 though.

Also, yeah you hve publisher and developer seriously mixed.
As developers go, Reverie are GREAT, they know what their doing, they are enthusiastic and I have always had the impression they are great guys, they always seem to make time to keep us up to date and have informal chats on occasion, unlike most developers out there.
But they cant work for free for so long now can they? And neither can they fund the release of the game and its publicity, that is why a publisher is needed, they pay the finances and reap most of the rewards.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:58 PM

So chances are it will release *soon* anyways cos soon they will run out of money and be forced to make a move?
Old 11-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Well as I can see it we just have to sit tight until they announce the name of their publisher. Not much else to do before then.