Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

A few ideas..... - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

The Human race do have spike traps and the devs are open to idea for the other races. Try to be as specific as possible with ideas to get them into the game.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Hans has a default reputation

On Stronhold i had at every Tower a Tribuchet, imo its not the way it should be, its not realistic and i think the way that DoF goes is the better one !
Old 01-19-2011, 03:00 PM

LoLzLobster has a default reputation

Oh, I haven't read anything about traps yet I wasn't sure if they were implemented in the game yet. I read that the orcs raise wargs (those big wolf things) , so as a trap the orcs could have cages with wargs in them that they could release that would go berserk into the enemies forces.

Are the elves in this game the fantasy woodland elves? If so they could have some type of creeper vine that contstricts some units and kills them unless a second unit cuts them out of the vines.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Actually, that vine thing idea does intrigue me. Kind of like a Venis fly trap concept, or other carnivorous plants. Imagine having like 200 orcs walking through a field only for all of them to be dragged to the ground and killed by blood-sucking needle-covered vines. Of course, there would have to be easy counters for things like this - the trick would be using them when a player is not prepared and checking for them. Then you could do lots of damage.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:26 PM

GoGoCactusMan! is just above average reputation

I'm pretty sure that we are to assume that the metal comes in part on trade or purchase of equipment. Its not to say that the items are made specifically from what our kingdoms would have on hand as much as when we purchase our troops, part of that money is going to a unseen black smith who uses his own materials he attained from who knows where to equip your soldiers.

I would like to see, and I mentioned this in another section of the forums last night, something along the lines of rare mines or materials that pop up here and there. It would get a lot of people to try and fight across sections of land to get them and set up a supply line so they can attain whatever the rare thing is. Once they have it, they can "spend" it on equipping men in their armies with tougher, rare armor, or something of a sort.

It could even make the person who gets it a bigger target in the community, becoming a larger threat with better equipment, temporary alliances could be formed to swat down the now powerful player.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:08 PM

atsumok has a default reputation

I'd never really thought about the resources but now that u mention it we do need some kind of metal resource in the game other then gold and stone
Old 01-23-2011, 08:29 PM

Warchamp84 has a default reputation

I actually really like the idea above me and on this thread, of course some on said you could always mode it your self when the game is ready for modding. But i think that with the idea of traps is very necessary, as it would really add in the tactical and strategical methods of warfare. Also i think that with the introductions of methods of warfare each race should have different types of methods of warfare.

Warfare is great but when you can choose the type of warfare you good at it makes it even better. Like conventional warfare(ALL OUT WARFARE)

Guerrilla warfare should seriously be introduced for small time warfare. As in small teams of men attacking cities or supply lines to render the enemy unsuccessfully at its tactics. This would really be very interesting to see in game against other players. Also would be a great addtion to the Hardcore mode if it gets made.

OH OH and that reminds me it would be really interesting to see if the game adds in features such as special units such as assassins or heroes which have special abilities. Like assassin could be sent to enemy city before hand battle to gain information or sabotage enemy lines.

This would really add-in a new layer of depth to this game.