Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Third Beta Stage Delayed - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation
Default Third Beta Stage Delayed

I waited a bit to make this announcement as I know it's going to upset many of you. But it must be made. We're going to need to push the third beta back two weeks, tentatively.

In addition to time stolen by a couple staff absences and further progress with our publisher, we've run into a couple problems and just aren't ready to push forward. We have also decided not to go ahead and launch with what we have as there are some recent bugs that really need to be hammered out first.

We are really sorry and hope that you'll find the beta well worth the wait. To sweeten up this announcement, we will be upgrading all fourth stage testers and we also have a number of new things to show you these next two weeks to make the wait a little shorter. Is there anything you'd like to see more on? I know there's a lot of anticipation for guilds right now.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Tamiel has a default reputation

Oh well
One question will there be guild support in the beta?
Old 09-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Guard of Olympus has a default reputation

Damn, that's really too bad. Oh well, guess I'll anticipate the BETA even more now.

I myself am very intrested in any editor updates, but any information at all is great really.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:50 PM

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
One question will there be guild support in the beta?
Not in the Closed Beta. Maybe in the Open Beta, it's not confirmed yet.

Quote:
I myself am very intrested in any editor updates
That's my favorite part of DOF! ^_^ There's a big teaser/preview coming soon which will be kind of like a level editor behind-the-scenes tour of what went into the design of some of our most popular towns as well as including sneak peaks at some of our scripters' side projects and the new elven and orc towns.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

teejai has a default reputation

Well I'm glad things are still moving and there has always been a good delivery of information compared to some companies I've done testing with. Though I was excited to start 10 days ago I don't think anyone should have a problem with a delay.. if its needed its needed and thats that, simple enough to me.

I wouldn't mind some more information/screenshots of the realistic sides of things.. I'm a atmosphere/landscape kinda guy so for instance the screenshots where you see people battling and their are deer just standing around, do they do that or do they scurry away terrified? I'll think of some more things but thats the first that popped into my head

Other than that, like always Alex, thanks for keeping us in the loop on whats going on
Old 09-01-2010, 04:07 PM

Peppovitch has a default reputation

I would love to see some detailed info about guilds and their place in the game. Possibly a Fantasy Friday?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I'd enjoy seeing an AAR of a KWs campaign if you guys could put one together
Old 09-01-2010, 04:44 PM

An AAR?

Quote:
I'm a atmosphere/landscape kinda guy so for instance the screenshots where you see people battling and their are deer just standing around, do they do that or do they scurry away terrified?
They'll run away. Deer are naturally afraid of orcs and men.

Quote:
I would love to see some detailed info about guilds and their place in the game. Possibly a Fantasy Friday?
Won't be able to do an FF as they will draw to an end very soon as our publisher takes over all DOF marketing. But you could see a new dev blog sometime in the near future.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
An AAR?

Won't be able to do an FF as they will draw to an end very soon as our publisher takes over all DOF marketing. But you could see a new dev blog sometime in the near future.
AAR=After Action Report

No more FFs? noo. I will miss them. So you are close to announcing a publisher?

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 09-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Well I hope you guys announce a publisher when you take away our FF's! Oh and AAR is basically a campaign or series of battles with screen shots and write ups of what went on during the battles. Also some people turn them into epic sagas complete with extraneous dialogue between created characters etc. It's as close as you can get to playing the real thing without doing it.