Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Armour, weapons, buildings - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 04:24 PM

Zackreaver has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
Yes gamers are fashion fanatics. Most just don't want to admit it, but you can look at their avatars. Half of Wow is a shopping/fashion game like so many others.
Tis the truth, for DFO and LoL I've actually spent some cash to get avatar pieces and skins. I did it because I wanted to look different from the commonfolk.

I like that aspect of a game, we like a game enough that we want to be more than just a common peasant, we want to buy our way into royalty, and considering we have to pay with actual cash, why not? For dungeon fighter I barely even care that the avatar pieces give bonus stats, I didn't need them at all when I didn't have them, they just give tiny little stat boosts as an added bonus for people that were willing to contribute their money. Also you could trade or sell the pieces you didn't like for in game currency from other players.

There is nothing wrong with charging players for cosmetics, if they don't effect your ability to play then you don't need them to keep up with others. Of course it's also nice when they decide to give you options to get them on your own with in game currency there is still nothing wrong with offering us real money exclusive purchase's.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:36 PM

Damnedghost has a default reputation

If the skins would be unlock-able than I would consider getting them, but as I am fiercely against DLC for $ I would probably leave it.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:02 AM

Commander has fair reputation

What about weapons and armor ? Will it be produced by smiths or all soldiers could have equipment without producing it ? I mean do I need to produce weapon and armor , to equip my soldiers ?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:52 PM

Vasito has a default reputation

Yeah they said some features may be added in the form of DLC-s
Old 12-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Winterwolf00 has a default reputation

Are we talking about being able to choose from a pre-made selection of weapons and armor or making custom designs from scratch.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:47 PM

Prootzel has a default reputation
Default Skins with a purpose

I like this idea a lot. As was stated earlier, most gamers are actually fashion freaks who don't want to admit it. But this brings up something else that I think would be a good addition on this skins idea.

If any of you have played mass effect 2 you know how the armor system in that game worked, but for those who haven't, depending on what you equipped on Shepard it had certain bonuses and weakness. I think a skin system in this fashion would be awesome, in where (outside of the existing levelling/upgrade system) where depending on what your units are wearing it influences their stats in a certain way. Longer bows? Longer range, but also a longer firing time or something. Heavier Armor? More defense, but slower. Little percentage boosts that can give you that tiny edge in a direction you might want, without giving a distinct advantage.

This way, I think, is the best way to approach these kinds of cosmetic changes. They have some meaning, so you would want to use them, but its nothing that makes them better than anything else, its more just honing your characters to play the way you like. The more customization you have, in my opinion, the better.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:40 AM

valodimer has a default reputation

dont make it too cheap though... then ppl lose motivation quickly
Old 01-20-2011, 08:02 AM

Rycon has a default reputation

Hon introduced a system similar to this and it is very popular among its gamers.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Putkonen has a default reputation

About the customization of the armies, I'd prefer a system about like this:

1. You're able to buy new skins with influence points that you earn just by playing game.

2. Special events, tournaments, achievements that are organized sometimes by the reverie studios team, I mean wouldnt you like to get something on top of your nice price for beating all your enemies in a bloody tournament, a very rare skin for your armies, that could only be worn by tournament champions. (Yes, atleast I'd like to distinguish myself from the "normal" players).

3. Quests, Some quests would be made for those that are interested about how their army looks, these quests wouldnt involve great economical prizes, but instead they would offer something else for players that already have enough resources to spend, they would get a nice skin for doing a pretty hard quest.

(4.) this is a bit far imagined thing, But I think it could be possible to make your own skins in an armoury or something and create something personal and unique, "yes, all colours of rainbow for my armour please." and this system would also be using the influence points you gain during the game, so some colours or options could be made unaccessable/very high cost, that players couldnt just recreate those unique armors I introduced in the second step of the system.

I'm not sure about how that all sounds to you, but I hope you gave a thought for it, the idea isn't complete ofcourse but it can be modified to fit the game system.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:12 PM

Overlawd has a default reputation
Default Hard to Get!

Gonna have to put my elitism face on for this one...

Content like the for mentioned should be something of a FEAT if you will. Not like an achievement. But a properly timed investment, To set you apart. The currency would be something you use on things that upgrade your armies and such...So you can't just go buying everything and being pretty and a challenge, You need to be strong enough to afford the luxury of the skin..

So that if people don't make the correct tactical decisions they pay for it