Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Armour, weapons, buildings - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

actually you would be surprised a low poly the total war units are. I have modeled units for total war mods and seen there meshs in a 3d editor. I would say they are only slightly more detailed then the units in dof.

most of the detail would be textures and little with different meshes. You could have different symbols on shields, wooden shield textures, patterns on breastplats, chainmail, plate armor, helmet, no helmet, cloak hood down, no cloak.

If this idea doesn't make its way into the default games (which I don't think it will), but might come in DLC. I probably try to do a modd for this after the game is released. would also welcome help.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 10-05-2010, 03:54 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
This would go perfect with that payment method that will be in this game (or if you manage to collect ingame enough points). Trough time more and more skins would be made to choose from and buy. More customizations is always fun and there would be more stuff to sell to ppl beside new quests =).
Sounds great. It sounds very much like LoL to me. They use a system where you can purchase characters using ingame poins, but can only buy skins using RIOT points which you must purchase. It meant that skins had value and were more personal.

However it would perfectly compliment the system DOF is said to use, we could purchase skins using points we buy (or earn very slowly through playing the game)... influence/favour I do believe was the proposed name of said points... It would be a great way to support the game. It means that minitransactions can be made to support the system, in a way that wont affect the balance of the game, and can be a great way to reward players who have played a long time.

Although, I think it should be a one time purchase of a certain 'army theme', which can be applied to your army as a whole. It would be very expensive but be permenant (unless replaced by another). This would mean that the effort isnt wasted if for example; your rank 10 Norse Archer battalion is slain while your rank 10 standard archer battalion lives to fight another day.

Having this level of customisation would reward players and be a lot more fun and varied. Many people are willing to pay for new skins, as long as its a sensible price of course.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Yes gamers are fashion fanatics. Most just don't want to admit it, but you can look at their avatars. Half of Wow is a shopping/fashion game like so many others.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 10-08-2010, 03:06 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
Yes gamers are fashion fanatics. Most just don't want to admit it, but you can look at their avatars. Half of Wow is a shopping/fashion game like so many others.
Indeed, which is quite the opposite of Guild Wars, mostly because Guild Wars doesnt give such a wide variety, and mismatched armours rarely look good on it...
Old 10-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Just give them megalomanic shoulders and weapons and they will look epic (WoW sarcasm).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

What about one skin for each CD KEY you make it then no change unless you buy the game again! Else its the custom skins
Old 11-27-2010, 11:32 PM

Vigilus has good reputation
Default total war!

I loved the total war series, and I hope the developers implement this idea. As long as this works well with the game engine that is!
I wouldn't want the scale of the game reduced to give me fewer more detailed units. I'd rather zoom out and see the big picture!
Old 11-28-2010, 12:27 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Jeremiah87 has a default reputation

Overall sets would probably be best.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:14 AM

oddi74 has a default reputation

if it weren't way to big prize on the skins it would be cool
Old 12-06-2010, 03:55 PM

Avatarn11 has a default reputation

it would be cool if you could personalize your army a little bit with armor spears so they are not all cookie cutter. But for me more of the color of the armor and the coat of arms is enough as long as its clearly defined and you can pick the pattern and emblem of your army that would make me happy. I know like on potbs you could actually create your own banner get it approved and use it on your ship instead of ones that were just in the game by default that would be cool.