Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Armour, weapons, buildings - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about
Default Armour, weapons, buildings

It would be nice if you could choose for your units the weapon skin (5 different kind of spears for spearman-example) or armour or even building stile (like now is medieval for humans and than would be also ancient/norse/fantasy/more "evil" themed ....). It would only affect the look.

This would go perfect with that payment method that will be in this game (or if you manage to collect ingame enough points). Trough time more and more skins would be made to choose from and buy. More customizations is always fun and there would be more stuff to sell to ppl beside new quests =).
Maybe some would be also impossible quest or achievement reward so those ppl could feel special in a way =P.

I am not computer pro so dont know how hard is to make those sort of skins.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 09-19-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Guard of Olympus has a default reputation

Sounds like a very good idea to me, although I am totally against paying for it.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard of Olympus View Post
Sounds like a very good idea to me, although I am totally against paying for it.
That's why you can use ingame points to pay for it (which is basiclly saying its free, you just have to work for it).

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 09-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Guard of Olympus has a default reputation

True, guess you're right. Unlockable content is always good, but I think these skins should be really cheap so most people can get them.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Au contraire - I think that they should be enough so that if you bought lots of skins, you'd have few ingame points to spend on more important research. That way people don't just adorn their armies with all available skins, and so the skins become a little more personal than they otherwise would.
I like this idea. If Reverie's lacking ideas for small patches just to maintain interest later on, this is something they could definitely indulge in. This could be part of a greater customisation patch, including customising spellcasters and the lord

(Easter Egg - turn your lord into a lady!)
Old 09-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Yeah I'd agree with puppeteer on this one. I'd love to see this as DLC since you don't "have" to have $$ to get influence points and spend them on DLC. I'd love to see their art department spend a few weeks cranking them out and then you could have DLC for months or a 2 year span. How cool
Old 09-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I also concur with Puppeteer on this... it sounds like a great idea that would not affect gemplay, but will make the experience of the game better.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

srpiccoro has a default reputation

And it could be made that soldiers are randomly spawned with parts of each "skin" so that each soldier looks relatively unique
Old 10-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Medieval 2 total war was the first game in the total war's to do this. The unit mesh were broken up into several parts (shoulder pads, waist down, waist up, head, arms, accessories) in one file and the engine randomly chose them. Each mesh had a different texture on them.

I definitely would like to see randomness in the units armor (both mesh and texture wise).

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 10-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
Medieval 2 total war was the first game in the total war's to do this. The unit mesh were broken up into several parts (shoulder pads, waist down, waist up, head, arms, accessories) in one file and the engine randomly chose them. Each mesh had a different texture on them.

I definitely would like to see randomness in the units armor (both mesh and texture wise).
Well for this game, i guess, the units will have less detail than those at total war and since you need large picture you may rarely also look at most close range. So in the end beside head/overall armour/weapon you would barely see those waist/pads/accessories....
In my opinion if game had different skin for every part of body and would be available in online thingy than the gear choice of ppl could be very clownish =), so i would support just overall armour and weapon skin =) -> in this case it would be pointless to have random gear skin spawn (or maybe just for weapon skin).
JUst my thinking =).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!