Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Wildlife AI - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
That just might be possible. "removed" Wardens can tame wolfs and they`ll follow them as pets.
If you just remove the part i removed i would be over joyed I just don't like elves Human hunters? Orc hunters? Why are they discriminated? Not that i hate it i just don't like the idea that only the enemies will have wolves Especially not that smart, that will just make it impossible to win
Old 09-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

srpiccoro has a default reputation

Then shouldn't the elves be able to call for nature's aid in battle? It would make sense following your statement that the wildlife should help the elves defend their settlements.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Perhaps but the wolves are far from wildlife, they are smarter then the common players!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

srpiccoro has a default reputation

Well, in that case the wolves should be a faction by themselves....now that would be awesome
Old 10-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpiccoro View Post
Then shouldn't the elves be able to call for nature's aid in battle? It would make sense following your statement that the wildlife should help the elves defend their settlements.
Most battles bring fire, fire makes wildfires. Nature runs to the Elves for safety not war mongering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srpiccoro View Post
Well, in that case the wolves should be a faction by themselves....now that would be awesome
No, Wolves are just the predators of Gaia, they feed on the other wildlife, and unprotected livestock. They are what I like to call, Super Creeps, we have 'creeps' here and there, raiders, muggers, goblins that just want to gut your army at any chance they can. But Wolves, they aren't really after your army, there after your food/meat, their trying to annoy you while eating your only food you have left in winter! A damn it those where my last cows!

Orcs also hunt deer, the Wolves are the Orc's competition in many cases, although sometimes the Wolves spook deer closer to your base only to get an arrow to the head(sometimes both the deer and the wolves )!
Overall, once you get to know the wolves, they might be the most hated unpredictable annoying creep around. They don't ruin Armies, they ruin economies. Killing them with calvary (pretty much only thing that can catch up to a fleeing pack) is so rewarding. One thing is for sure, you will be entertained by them when your trying to rebuild your stronghold after battle, all along with your army standing guard watching the Wolves feast on the rotting flesh of your enemies!

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 10-05-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:57 PM

Alzeranox has a default reputation

If you've ever played dwarf fortress, then you know what unicorns are capable of.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

I want to build my own base from the bottom and let the inhabitants starve from wolf attacks!!!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 04:09 PM

oblitteras has a default reputation

Ok i just gotta say was anyone else scared by Josephs first post. I hope i never encounter Joseph in game and then go to sleep i might get set on fire... or should i be afraid of the wolves more?
Old 11-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblitteras View Post
Ok i just gotta say was anyone else scared by Josephs first post. I hope i never encounter Joseph in game and then go to sleep i might get set on fire... or should i be afraid of the wolves more?
Nope I will crush him!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 11-28-2010, 04:23 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Toth has a default reputation

I wonder if this means hunters (food gatherers) will have to go outside the city to gather food. And if so, would it be possible to station troops outside a city to stop it from hunting.