Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Wildlife AI - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Ever see a treant carrying off plunder?
Old 08-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

teejai has a default reputation

Carry with their hands? No need to when they ample space in their 'trunk'..
Old 09-04-2010, 10:53 AM

Pilgrim is on a good road to success

gotta say lol
Old 09-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Raulaun has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
Elven deer aren't really wild, they live in harmony with the elves. The elves can raise them but don't hunt them, and in turn, they learn not to be afraid of the elves like they would be of any other race and provide a slow trickle of food. So it's pretty common to see small herds just hanging out within elven walls.
The elves dont eat them?

Deer cheese?

Mmmmm
Old 09-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

The elves don't eat them just like that, the elves make them live a happy life for some time. Then they find out they need food. So instead of eating the deer they... HORRIBLY MUTILATE THEM AS THEY SACRIFICE THEM TO THEIR EVIL GODS IN A RAIN OF BLOOD AND INTESTINES. After that they eat dinner
Old 09-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
http://www.reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff35/4.jpg

is that a wild deer watching the battle unfold?
Thats nothing, wait till you see the pack of wolves hunting down deer, and your unprotected livestock, and hit and run tactics on week unsuspecting peasants and laborers.
Wolves are the smartest AI creep/animal in DoF right now. I hate winters, if you forget to bring your cows in from the meadow they all get killed and eaten and the only real effective way to kill a pack of wolves is to follow them to there den and slaughter them when they sleep in the day because they don't flee because it is their 'place', good for flaming arrows.

One true story I'll tell you when I was finished programing them and testing them out in a real environment:
The wolves right away started to hunt near my camp, so I sent marauders to shoot at them with flaming arrows(marauders hunt deer so it is their competition, more the wolves kill and eat the less food you get!), and well, the flaming arrows started a forest fire , wind was on my side that digital day and started its way away from my camp.

I wanted to see what was going to happen with the wolves and wildfire so I cheated and turned off fog of war so I could see everything across the map (all unexplored terrain).
I sat there watching the smartest thing I've seen my wolves do, They where fleeing from the fire obviously, but they also had a deer running away from the fire along side them aswell, when the fire was at far enough distance, they noticed the deer and started chasing after the deer which was now between them and the forest fire.
That deer started running back and forth between them and the forest fire trying to escape both dangers. The wolves then continued to chase the deer right into the fire, the fire made quick work of burning the deer alive. After the deer was in the fire the wolves continued to flee away to their den.

After the forest fire burned itself out and after the wolves where done sleeping, guess what they did? They went straight to the burnt deer, nice night to eat the nice toasted deer steaks still black and charcoaled.

Yea so, overall smart troublesome wolves seem like a cool thing to make, but it is by far the most annoying creation I have ever invented, I made them and they are completely unpredictable, I cannot figure them out in what they may do next. One thing for sure, if your facing wolves, you want to be an elf, because Elves have a untold ability to tame viscous Wolves...

Birethos bentita akkando Wolves, uka Na'Pha Khallee, Nhoblio Ga Bol'Mallee with Wolves of Fores’l

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 09-16-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Wow sounds epic. Years from now people will say "remember the wolves from dof" that's how wildlife should play out. You heard it here first folks.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Guard of Olympus has a default reputation

That sounds extremely awesome and raises my expectations for this game even more (Which should be impossible, they're already sky high)!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

I want to have as smart wolves as i can and then recruit them Perhaps i can even integrate them into my kingdom as normal citizen
Old 09-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
I want to have as smart wolves as i can and then recruit them
That just might be possible. Elven Wardens can tame wolfs and they`ll follow them as pets.