Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday IV - Elven Melee Units - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation
Default Fantasy Friday IV - Elven Melee Units

Happy Friday, everyone! This time around, I'm excited to share with you the first in a series of unit showcases. Today, we'll be looking into the three elven melee units - the Sentry, the Bladestorm, and the Grand Master.

Like all other elven units, the melee units will be able to use an assortment of special abilities, at the cost of fatigue points. In addition to abilities unique to certain units, all elven units will be able to use the following abilities:
Hide - making the unit invisible for up to thirty seconds - perfect for surprise attacks. While invisible, units have reduced movements and invisibility ceases as soon as the unit deals damage.
Oracle - makes the unit stationary, but drastically increases the unit's Line of Sight.
Magical Shield - magical resistance for a short amount of time.
Battle Dance - Initiative increased for a short amount of time.
Hasten - Speed increased for a short amount of time.
Every unit in Dawn of Fantasy can also gain experience and level up through fighting. With each level increase, the unit's health increases, and the unit is rewarded with a skill point, which the player can use to increase either the unit's attack rating, defense rating, stamina, damage, or the rate at which he heals (all units self-heal over time).

The Elven Sentry

Description: The Sentry is the basic elven melee unit. Wielding a halberd and a large shield, sentries are mediocre against other infantry and archers, and good against cavalry and large monster units.

Initial Statistics:
Health: 600
Stamina: 100
Damage: 140
Accuracy: 45
Defense: 30
Armor: 25
View/LOS: 420
Speed: 25
Charge: 45
Unique Abilities:
Tackle - The unit's next move will knock down its target, dealing extra damage.
The Elven Bladestorm

Description: The Bladestorm is a medium elven melee unit with two twin blades. The bladestorm is great against infantry, and good against archers and cavalry.

Initial Statistics:
Health: 450
Damage: 120
Accuracy: 40
Defense: 20
Armor:
View/LOS: 450
Speed: 30
Charge: 52
Unique Abilities:
Whirlwind - The unit's next move will be a berserk attack, damaging all adjacent units.
The Elven Grand Master

Description: The Grand Master is an elite elven melee unit with a great sword and heavy armor. Grand Masters are great against infantry and large monster units, and mediocre against archers and cavalry.

Initial Statistics:
Health: 425
Damage: 160
Accuracy: 35
Defense: 25
Armor: 60
View/LOS: 390
Speed: 34
Charge: 48
Unique Abilities:
Battle Frenzy - The unit will become invulnerable for a short amount of time.
Note: All stats and abilities are subject to change as QA Testing progresses.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Sweet swordwind, that's what I'm talkin' about.

I wonder how will abilities like whirlwind and tackles work on the battalion level. With tackle for example, does the the whole battalion charge, shield bash (or whatever) and knock down an entire battalion of enemies or does it somehow work more individually?

Some stats look a little weird but I'm assuming those are still wip. edit: Just noticed the tiny "note".

Maybe some abilities like Oracle should be reserved for ranger-like or spellcaster units.

What does initiative do exactly?
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*

Last edited by Jean=A=Luc : 12-11-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

AHHHHH i love sentrys

tackle seems like it has so many strategic uses
Old 12-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

Looks awesome, will be interesting to see how stats between races compare. Like Jean, i think the stats re a little off-you make it sound as if Bladestorms should be better than Wardens, but they look about equal. Just my opinion though, I saw the note too The units look good though, I love the cloaks.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift sword View Post
Looks awesome, will be interesting to see how stats between races compare. Like Jean, i think the stats re a little off-you make it sound as if Bladestorms should be better than Wardens, but they look about equal. Just my opinion though, I saw the note too The units look good though, I love the cloaks.
what i understood was the sentry is more defensive and the bladestorm is more offensive

though i think a battalion of sentry's might take out a battalion of bladestorm

the grandmaster is the best of both worlds and would destroy either of them

look at that armor and attack oooh wee!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Looks cool guys! I'm glad that you are making units so diverse with the abilities.

Does whirlwind hit all adjacent units,(or is it battalions?) or just enemies?

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 12-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

WOW... I cannot wait to use them. I love melee units. X
Old 12-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Wow love grand masters, their armor is just epic. Elves have just 3 melee units ? (<-joke) And i hope same will be made for humans as here and that you show paladin unit there =P (now i will go dream about it =)).
And just one question... why noeone uses spears (nor elves or humans as i seen), just those helberd like?

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
And just one question... why noeone uses spears (nor elves or humans as i seen), just those helberd like?
Halberds are basically spears, but with more versatility due to it having an axe head on it as well.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 12-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Beautiful pictures, also im really glad you gave us the unit stats so i can see which units are better for what ect. i cant wait to see the human units now

if i had a choice of what units i would use would be Spearmen, Paladins, and heavy infantry, so i hope some of those units are included in the game