Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Exstinguisher - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

You can separate your peasants how ever you want, they don't have to be set to one thing for the whole game. But yes, if resource accumulation isn't much of an issue, you can task your peasants to wait for fires the whole time.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Khan kreiger will become famous soon enough
nice lovin that and thanks for answering my questions
Old 08-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Human Sect:
Archer

TheHoboGod is just below average reputation

Orcs should throw their bodies into the fire in a stupid attempt to put it out :P.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

srpiccoro has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Actually, i thought they would use the weakest orcs around and throw them on the fire, using their body mass to extinguish the fire. Would be more orc style.
This is what your comment reminded me of.

And also, in response to have some peasants immediately go fight the fire.... could it be possible to make a button like the Call to Arms in Warcraft? When all of your peasants become militia, in this case all of them become firefighters.

Last edited by srpiccoro : 10-26-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

yes my Peasants are almost completely functional with firefighting besides being able to refill their buckets at any river or water source, not just Wells. use the moat of Thorndale or what ever water is around! and just a tip, if you have fire in a wheat field, don't even try to fight the fire, just let it burn the field, the wheat will eventually regrow and you won't lose 30 peasants that tried to fight the flash fire. Wheat is one of the most flammable things in game.

Elven and Orcish firefighting are under development. and we are still thinking about design of it.

I will still take ideas on Orc Labourer firefighting, as I don't see Orcs smart enough to even think to use water buckets, it does not fit the Orcish style.

So lets continue on suggestions, what do you guys suggest for Labourer Firefighting and Elven Warden Firefighting. I like your ideas of orcs flinging themselves on fires but I don't think that will fit, they aren't completely suicidal...

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
yes my Peasants are almost completely functional with firefighting besides being able to refill their buckets at any river or water source, not just Wells. use the moat of Thorndale or what ever water is around! and just a tip, if you have fire in a wheat field, don't even try to fight the fire, just let it burn the field, the wheat will eventually regrow and you won't lose 30 peasants that tried to fight the flash fire. Wheat is one of the most flammable things in game.

Elven and Orcish firefighting are under development. and we are still thinking about design of it.

I will still take ideas on Orc Labourer firefighting, as I don't see Orcs smart enough to even think to use water buckets, it does not fit the Orcish style.

So lets continue on suggestions, what do you guys suggest for Labourer Firefighting and Elven Warden Firefighting. I like your ideas of orcs flinging themselves on fires but I don't think that will fit, they aren't completely suicidal...
The orcs can pee on the fire. The elf wardens could be like water benders. Or anything magic related.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 10-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

How about the orcs drop rocks on the building on fire leading to a ruined building but no fire?
Old 11-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Mikey has a default reputation

Quote:

how about the orcs shovel dirt onto the fire to smother it by facing away from the fire and puting there hands on the ground and skooping dirt onto the fire like a dog or somthing
Old 11-28-2010, 04:35 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Toth has a default reputation

Quote:
Holy **** this statement brings about a ton of potential. Suicide bands of archers to light fire to someone's wheat fields anyone? I'm kind of afraid of people not just attacking to win, but instead they defeat the army and just torch the entire city. Is this a possibility or are there safeguards / victory conditions to stop this?

Also, Is it possible to raze a building to stop it's fire from spreading to the next building?

Are there technologies that help firefighting? Like bigger buckets or all the peasants stand in a line and hand down buckets?

Are players able to put wells where ever they want? and as many as they want? (for the appropriate resource cost offcourse)
Old 12-04-2010, 02:23 PM

rtejada has a default reputation

well i really like the dirt idea for the orcs.. they arent smart enough for buckets.. plus shoveling dirt/gravel would definitely fit thier methods.

as for elves.. something more magical? how about magical use of wind to gradually snuff out fire?

humans - water
elves - wind
orcs - earth

seems like we got all the elements covered