Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Greetings! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Traveler Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

WilsonMG has a default reputation
Default Greetings!

My last thread had a rocky start but now that that's all sorted out I figured I'd formally introduce myself here.

My name is Lucas O. Wilson, I'm the Founder and CO of MilitaryGaming.net, a community for active and prior service U.S. military members who enjoy gaming.

I served in the U.S. Marines for 8 years. I was sworn in on Sept. 11th 2001, yes, the 9/11. I went to basic at MCRD San Diego, then on to the School of Infantry at Camp Pendleton where I was trained in my MOS, 0331, as a machinegunner. I did two combat tours in Iraq. Came home after the last one and founded MilitaryGaming.net in 2008. I was honorably discharged Sept. 10th, 2009 as a Sergeant.

Currently, my time is divided between my family; wife, two small kids, dog, and running MG. I got sick of the day to day grind of working in IT on and off through the years, so I just recently went through a law enforcement academy and am attempting to start my next career as a cop.

I think that pretty much sums up my adult life in a nutshell. If you'd like to know more, feel free to ask. If you're a veteran and interested in finding out more about my organization, just visit our site www.militarygaming.net.

We're hoping to be invited to test Dawn of Fantasy as several of my members have voiced their interest in this game and are very eager to check it out. It seems like it would be a great fit for how tight our clans/guilds usually are in the various games we play/have played.

Thanks,

Wilson

Last edited by WilsonMG : 07-07-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Khan kreiger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonMG View Post
My last thread had a rocky start but now that that's all sorted out I figured I'd formally introduce myself here.

My name is Lucas O. Wilson, I'm the Founder and CO of MilitaryGaming.net, a community for active and prior service U.S. military members who enjoy gaming.

I served in the U.S. Marines for 8 years. I was sworn in on Sept. 11th 2001, yes, the 9/11. I went to basic at MCRD San Diego, then on to the School of Infantry at Camp Pendleton where I was trained in my MOS, 0331, as a machinegunner. I did two combat tours in Iraq. Came home after the last one and founded MilitaryGaming.net in 2008. I was honorably discharged Sept. 10th, 2009 as a Sergeant.

Currently, my time is divided between my family; wife, two small kids, dog, and running MG. I got sick of the day to day grind of working in IT on and off through the years, so I just recently went through a law enforcement academy and am attempting to start my next career as a cop.

I think that pretty much sums up my adult life in a nutshell. If you'd like to know more, feel free to ask. If you're a veteran and interested in finding out more about my organization, just visit our site www.militarygaming.net.

We're hoping to be invited to test Dawn of Fantasy as several of my members have voiced their interest in this game and are very eager to check it out. It seems like it would be a great fit for how tight our clans/guilds usually are in the various games we play/have played.

Thanks,

Wilson
greetings, Im just wondering if you have any interesting storied going through Iraq but you dont have to if you dont want to and i also hope your career as a cop goes well.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Welcome Lucas. I too was going to be a cop a few years back, but then I ended up going to school to be a Game designer/developer (I finish in a few months). Good luck with becoming a police officer.

I'm sure you and your members will have a chance to test the game. I think you have seen the contests going on right know. If not heres one and heres the other.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 07-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Cool, thanks!

As for the Iraq stories, there's a multitude, but I seldom share them with anyone outside of military friends. Even a veteran's family can have a hard time understanding what we've been through. That's one of the primary reasons why I created MG. It's a place where vets can go and BS while they play games along side other vets who know exactly where they've been, because they've been there too.

Last edited by WilsonMG : 07-07-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Welcome Wilson

First of all, thanks for your eight years of service. Second, thanks for gathering some support from your community, we will definitely pass on a few beta keys to you guys.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Thanks for the welcome! Right now we're just planting seeds about Dawn of Fantasy at MG since we still haven't seen the game itself other than the media files and aren't sure what to pass on other than our initial impressions. After we get a taste we will start our real PR wagon rolling. Prep. the LZ!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Ey Lucas, welcome to the forums.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Mikey has a default reputation

Welcome to the fourms
Old 07-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonMG View Post
I get that you want to go into law enforcement. What i don't get is why you of all people should have to go through a few years of law enforcement academy. It feels so redundent.
I mean, you've served the U.S. Marines for 8 years where you pretty much have been trying preserving peace while overseas, kinda like what cops do. Going through bootcamp all over again kinda seems totally pointless.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:46 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

To be honest, before I went through the academy, I had a similar viewpoint.

There's a lot about being in law enforcement that does carry over from the Corps, however, there's also a lot that doesn't. It's two entirely different worlds altogether.

Plus, there's a whole ton of legal matters you have to know to be a law enforcement officer. Cops ride a fine line between violating someone's civil rights and enforcing the law every day.

I was quite impressed with my academy instruction and felt like I had learned more my first week than I had in almost 4 years of college at a state university studying criminal justice.

Most vets will be honest and tell you that the transition back to civilian life can be difficult by itself. Imagine if that transition included something as serious as the civil liberties of an entire community?