Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Population, Popularity, and New Military Concept - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

TheHoboGod is just below average reputation
Default Population, Popularity, and New Military Concept

I was thinking of a military concept that requires more in-depth thinking then just "k spam click archer button until run out of resources". How about to create a military unit, you require population. "what do you mean population?" you ask with puppy dog eyes. Well I'll tell you.

Population is an idea i have. Population is the ammount of people in your fortress. Population is gained from nomads entering your fortress (you can actually see them walk in instead of them magically teleporting in). Nomads can have caravans of people (so more people then usual), a cart of supplies (gives you supplies), and they can also be diseased (see my other thread on hunger & disease). Nomads will settle down in a place in your fortress. As soon as they walk in through your gate, they add to your pop. count. They will stay there until your fortress popularity is low enough to the point that they don't want to stay and will leave (you actually see them leave instead of them just simply poofing away). "but what is popularity?"

Popularity is another idea. Popularity determines whether you gain or lose a random ammount of people every 30 min. The lower (higher) ammount of popularity you have, the more people will leave (come to your fort). Popularity is affected by things such as hunger, disease, military prescence, and housing. Military prescence is a one-way affector, as i call it. Having no military will have no effect on your popularity, while a huge prescence will increase the popularity. Housing is also a one-way affector. If there is not enough houses to support the population, popularity is affected negatively (people stop coming when there is no more houses to support people. If you delete a house when your pop. is at its highest, the people will stay, causing this factor). People are happy when there is a large ammount of food, and sad when the inverse happens, so hunger can go both ways. Disease also can.

My second suggestion tonight and on this forum! Thoughts?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Khan kreiger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoboGod View Post
I was thinking of a military concept that requires more in-depth thinking then just "k spam click archer button until run out of resources". How about to create a military unit, you require population. "what do you mean population?" you ask with puppy dog eyes. Well I'll tell you.

Population is an idea i have. Population is the ammount of people in your fortress. Population is gained from nomads entering your fortress (you can actually see them walk in instead of them magically teleporting in). Nomads can have caravans of people (so more people then usual), a cart of supplies (gives you supplies), and they can also be diseased (see my other thread on hunger & disease). Nomads will settle down in a place in your fortress. As soon as they walk in through your gate, they add to your pop. count. They will stay there until your fortress popularity is low enough to the point that they don't want to stay and will leave (you actually see them leave instead of them just simply poofing away). "but what is popularity?"

Popularity is another idea. Popularity determines whether you gain or lose a random ammount of people every 30 min. The lower (higher) ammount of popularity you have, the more people will leave (come to your fort). Popularity is affected by things such as hunger, disease, military prescence, and housing. Military prescence is a one-way affector, as i call it. Having no military will have no effect on your popularity, while a huge prescence will increase the popularity. Housing is also a one-way affector. If there is not enough houses to support the population, popularity is affected negatively (people stop coming when there is no more houses to support people. If you delete a house when your pop. is at its highest, the people will stay, causing this factor). People are happy when there is a large ammount of food, and sad when the inverse happens, so hunger can go both ways. Disease also can.

My second suggestion tonight and on this forum! Thoughts?
The popularity thing reminds me of black and white 2(if you kno what game tht is) and the nomads thing is already kind of in the game because sometimes people come to your fortress as non-hostiles and some being hostiles instead of being healthy or diseased
Old 06-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan kreiger View Post
The popularity thing reminds me of black and white 2(if you kno what game tht is) and the nomads thing is already kind of in the game because sometimes people come to your fortress as non-hostiles and some being hostiles instead of being healthy or diseased
I actually thought the popularity thing was more like stronghold 2 (yes I have black and white 2 and I like it). And I just wanted some more fun with the oddball nomads (F*** yeah, more noma- OOOOOHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII DISEASE!). Plus what do you think about the military thing? I think it would be a fun addition & serve as a limit (so that you can't rampage across everywhere with an army the size of texas).

Last edited by TheHoboGod : 06-27-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Quote:
I actually thought the popularity thing was more like stronghold 2 (yes I have black and white 2 and I like it). And I just wanted some more fun with the oddball nomads (F*** yeah, more noma- OOOOOHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII DISEASE!). Plus what do you think about the military thing? I think it would be a fun addition & serve as a limit (so that you can't rampage across everywhere with an army the size of texas).
OH YA it is like stronghold 2....and i thinki they are working on something about attacking people...i alredy know that you cant constantly keep on attacking the same person each battle...but they have to wait awhile or the next day to attack again.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Wolfb has a default reputation

The game already has population...
So that's no new thing.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfb View Post
The game already has population...
So that's no new thing.
You clearly didnt read it properly.......instead of building houses and then you get pop. He said that nomads come to your settlement when your popularity is rising.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Human Sect:
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan kreiger View Post
You clearly didnt read it properly.......instead of building houses and then you get pop. He said that nomads come to your settlement when your popularity is rising.
And the houses increase the maximum ammount of nomads that stay in your castle.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Quote:
And the houses increase the maximum ammount of nomads that stay in your castle.
Yup that makes sense
Old 06-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

It's definitely the same as the Stronghold series.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Besides im pretty sure this stuff has already been established & will not be possible with much change.