Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XXXII Navy Pt 1 - Elven Fleet - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2010, 04:08 AM

Peppovitch has a default reputation
Lightbulb

Looking at that Turtle Ship really made me think about medieval Japanese naval warfare. Specifically the battle of Dan-no-Ura between 1180-1185.

Floating castles filled to the brim with soldiers and samurai would crash together and have huge battles right on the water.

I am imaging a DoF naval battle where amidst the chaos of smaller skirmishes, these behemoth floating fortresses collide, culminating in an epic struggle of forces over control of the waters. Two of these castle ships creating an island of death and a battle so pitched that many would think a city is being sacked.

In game terms I feel that creating "castle ships" like the elven turtle ship would add an extremely fun and engaging feature for naval warfare. This would allow the epic DoF style siege warfare to extend into the water and give players the option to stretch their land armies' reach. As an end game mobile fortress for an army, the possibilities are endless!

What do you guys think?

Sorry I'm waiting for the beta email and my mind is in fantasy mode
Old 11-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

BraveHeart has a default reputation

Love this concept! The Ancient Kraken and Turtle are my faforites like how this plays out due Elfes being in harmony with nature letting them ride their backs or aid in battle.

Greetz Brave
Old 12-05-2010, 07:17 AM

Boomshaker has a default reputation

Elven units looks awesome!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

haski12 has a default reputation

The elven navy looks really nice but can other races win a battle on sea against them?
"My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day."
Old 12-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Nimlot has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppovitch View Post
Looking at that Turtle Ship really made me think about medieval Japanese naval warfare. Specifically the battle of Dan-no-Ura between 1180-1185.

Floating castles filled to the brim with soldiers and samurai would crash together and have huge battles right on the water.

I am imaging a DoF naval battle where amidst the chaos of smaller skirmishes, these behemoth floating fortresses collide, culminating in an epic struggle of forces over control of the waters. Two of these castle ships creating an island of death and a battle so pitched that many would think a city is being sacked.

In game terms I feel that creating "castle ships" like the elven turtle ship would add an extremely fun and engaging feature for naval warfare. This would allow the epic DoF style siege warfare to extend into the water and give players the option to stretch their land armies' reach. As an end game mobile fortress for an army, the possibilities are endless!

What do you guys think?

Sorry I'm waiting for the beta email and my mind is in fantasy mode
That samurai thing is interesting.. didnt know of it before!

I hope you can board enemy ships and such, but i have a feel the turtle is abit hard to board If the boarding party succeeds, would the turtle just swim under water and drown the attackers? hehe.. that would be kind of cool.

I really like the kraken too. In Red Alert 2 i used to love the giant squid.

The elves seem at a glance to be slightly overpowered at the sea, but ofcourse that is impossible to know for me, i just have a feel the kraken is a really evil thing to deal with

Are there any plans to add other animals to water combat? I think it would be cool if the orcs had some kind of leviathan unit

Also another thing that would be REALLY AWESOME is if there was sea monsters that would not belong to any player or faction but just roam around the seas and attack poor sailers

Giant sea-snake? Big sharks eating sailers that jump off sinking ships?

Just an idea. i think it could add alot to the naval part of the game that that would make it more interesting
Old 12-07-2010, 06:07 AM

kagalupe has a default reputation

The wait all day was most definitely worth it ... can't wait to play elves race
Old 12-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Alezzy has a default reputation

great stuff bud could you show us the ships like in ingame pictures ...so that we'll like see how big they will be and stuff ;D?
Old 01-22-2011, 03:39 AM

Arda has a default reputation

While Krakens are cool, I wouldn't immediately associate them with elves...

The Turtle is just too epic. WANT!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:26 PM

Prootzel has a default reputation

Wow, my mind has officially been blown. I didn't realize that the elves would be controlling supernatural beings like the kraken/sea turtle. Initially in looking at stuff on this game I figured that the factions were gonna be pretty standard fair and that it was the gameplay that was going to be new. Now seeing these screens, I am even more excited than I was before. Awesome job here and I think this really opens up a lot of doors for the future of this game.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:38 PM

atsumok has a default reputation

MMM i think this is going to make the ship battle very interesting. hopefully everything is balanced equally tho