Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Natural Disasters - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2011, 11:10 PM

Loose Morals has a default reputation
Default too big

i think this idea may work if you were to tone it down a bit. some of you are thinking too grand. volcanoes suddenly wiping armied and such. limit it to small things like flooding and storms would add subtle changes to the game rather than great sweeping changes. for example storm wether can slow or speed a ship depending on which way its traveling. a flood can destroy crops in farming but will also turn that easly forded stream into a impassable river for a short time.
small changes that dont hang about for long could be nice.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:42 PM

SACancel has a default reputation

This idea sounds pretty amazing with the whole mass wipe outs but I like loose moral's idea of temporary after effects. I would really enjoy if they could work this into the game somehow though.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:34 AM

eternal2u has a default reputation

i kind of disagree with the naysayers oh i dont want it destroying my stuff on this bit...i mean randomness in a mmo and having to adjust to changing enviroment would defiently keep you on your toes.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:13 AM

Harfle has a default reputation

I would have to say a natural disaster destroying everything you worked on building in a MMO would be very um how do you say saddening.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:48 AM

_Caranthir has a default reputation

I don't like the word "randomly" in a game like this one
Old 01-31-2011, 08:29 AM

Rounlin has a default reputation

I personally wouldnt want to see my kingdom be destroyed by a tornado. It is bad enough a player can.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

I agree, I think natural disasters could be alright if their effects were not so devastating. I think they could even add greatly to the game in a subdued manner.

For instance: a storm slows the progress of troops, reducing their movement speed. A particularly devastating storm kills some of your soldiers (but not a lot of them). An earthquake damages your wall, required you to pay for its repair, etc.

There could even be rare instances of greater disasters which do cause some serious harm - however - any of these ought to be exceedingly rare and cause damage over a large area. (hitting everyone in a region).
Old 02-01-2011, 04:03 PM

boondock5aint has a default reputation

aye i like the sound of milder natural disasters that affect simple things with journey times or income or build time. Slotting along side the dynamic world thread as well, they make the game more interesting as long as they are not all punishing.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:29 AM

Corpsebloom has a default reputation

Natural disasters are a game-changing feature that almost all developers sadly overlook. I highly support this proposal.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:52 AM

hocus has a default reputation

I like the idea of season based disasters like in winter you would get blizzards and in summer sand storms wild fires ect Would defo add a further degree of forward planning and interface.