Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Natural Disasters - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 03:50 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

Fangg has a default reputation

I like this Natural disaster possibility. It could turn the game up side down. A huge army ready to crush a small weak opponent. Then nature has her revenge. All the Natural resources they used to build the army has angered mother nature. Unless they have made sacrifices to her, so she would become an ally.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:14 PM

atsumok has a default reputation

Maybe an earthquake every couple of days or something online would be cool and it only destroys/damages your smaller/constructing building maybe be cool
Old 01-23-2011, 04:19 AM

DerKater has a default reputation

I think it might be funny. But the following questions arise: how strong must be the destruction/damage from these disasters? If weak, there is not much point in them - this is the waste of computer resources. If strong - it may not appeal to many players.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:57 AM

Verrenth has a default reputation

I would like to see disasters if they were there as a hindrance rather then possibly game breaking like an earthquake reduces your mining output by 50% do to cave ins and tornadoes mess with food production and then possibly the ability to tech into better structure for mines and farms yadda yadda to lessen the blow from one of these disasters
Old 01-23-2011, 06:05 PM

Warchamp84 has a default reputation
Default These would be great upto some extent

The natural disasters do play a great part in realty and it would be great if they were incorporated into the game, but only up to some extent. Like some people said above that such disaster don't just happened. I think that disaster should happen according to you locations on the campaign map, Like nations near the sea could face Tusnamies and other water cylones. Nations in dessert areas could face heat waves and shortage of water. Snow areas could face extreme water effects on nations abilities to move forward. Other areas could face floods etc.

These disaster are great for the the environmental effects, weather effects can also play a part in the game that being said it could contribute to the dynamic effects the game is suppose to have. but these should only effect the campaign map not the battle map. Effects such as slower build times, or lack of food(starvation), or lack of manpower due to a recent war. These would be good.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:40 PM

VanguardX has a default reputation

Natural disasters would add some color to the game in my opinion. So long as the effects of it were relatively mild, and would affect all players equally.

Floods, locust plagues, volcano eruptions, cyclones, arctic snow storms, heat waves, avalanches, and such, that would produce minor setbacks for kingdom builders. But nothing too drastic.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:41 PM

GoGoCactusMan! is just above average reputation

I could certainly see natural disasters and the seasons causing travel and story possibilities!

For instance, a volcano erupts from something some Dwarven Miners found, and it goes on for days and days. Some supply lines are disrupted, and travelers will have to find a way around it. Soon, mobs of some sort of evil dragon begin to appear near the volcano, as it begins to die down. Quests begin popping up, and you get to fight your way to the Volcano, into the old Dwarven Mines, and finally, an epic battle at the summit where you face the evil king volcano dragon that was hidden away inside, waiting for his one day release.

I might actually expand on this and stick it into the create a battle section!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:10 AM

Lukre has a default reputation

Thanks For the imformation
Old 01-25-2011, 11:11 AM

Lukre has a default reputation

Thanks For the imformation
Old 01-25-2011, 03:10 PM

Shadowhand has a default reputation

problem with this is u could get hit randomly wit these and if unlucky often.... nice idea but would need to be put in say, a winning faction inflict these on another faction, or if a faction is greatly overpowering another used to balance the playing field