Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Stationed troops? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

kateros has a default reputation
Default Stationed troops?

I have been searching the forum for this, but I couldn’t find anything related to it. It could be me being bad searching of well.

Can you station troops at a friendly player’s town/fortress? I was just wondering, because it is a very helpful thing, for guilds and such. Even the online browser games knows how to do it, but like I said I couldn’t find any oh it on the forum(plz correct me if I am wrong).
Old 06-15-2010, 05:36 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Khan kreiger will become famous soon enough
Im pretty sure you can station your men...because you can have multiple armies in many places but all you would have to do is sent them food to survive probably(im jus guessing)
Old 06-15-2010, 06:08 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Yes you can station your troops in friendly towns. Wouldn´t be much point to a guild if you can´t even help defend your guildies.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Okay its just everyone took it for granted, and you never know so I think it was a good question.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Right it's a good question since besides the ability to "send" troops anywhere on the map nothing has been said about "leaving" your troops anywhere on the map.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
Right it's a good question since besides the ability to "send" troops anywhere on the map nothing has been said about "leaving" your troops anywhere on the map.
Exactly that is like what I thought but you are properly right about being able to do it.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Well, you can create army camps on the world map, which was also shown in the may gameplay trailer.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Khan kreiger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Well, you can create army camps on the world map, which was also shown in the may gameplay trailer.
ya which is just the same as stationing your men in places
Old 06-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Yes you can station your troops in friendly towns. Wouldn´t be much point to a guild if you can´t even help defend your guildies.
I beg to differ, you may not be able to directly defend them but you can co-ordinate joint attacks on targeted enemies. (However at the moment its hazy as to whether it will be an advantage as you get matched to opponents onf the same level, thus you will be matched to someone who is the strength of the two allied armies combined)

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, you can create anywhere, but that doesnt mean that the army is necessarily 'there', remember the map wont be exact science, its just a rough visual representation. Like in region based games, you could move your army as close to a border as you like, but it makes no difference as it would count the same on the other side of the region. It may show that your army is a few miles from your settlement, but that wont really matter in the grand scale of things as we each play our own instance of the game that will contact the main server for matchmaking. Stationing in allied fortresses may be possible, if the map will go ahead and show allied settlements as planned, then you may be able to send some troops to guard them, but if not then it will mean a constant link between two accounts, plus each of them accounts may have troops in other allies, also the accounts may be in matchmaking, while the server doesnt provide for matchmaking it still records them. So much occurring on such a large scale may lead to problems

P.S, Sorry if that is hard to understand, wrong or misleading, I really should plan things before I say them... I just said the way I think things will work, some dev confirmation is needed here I think. We cant assume either way really, we will just have to see

Last edited by nickson104 : 06-15-2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: P.S
Old 09-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

srpiccoro has a default reputation
Default Troops AI

If you can station them, then there should be (if it's possible) some kind of AI for the troops stationed. There are many variables to influence their behavior, say for example you just conquered ye olde town, and station some troops, nothing happens, they get bored....they start pillaging the village unless your Sargent or whatever is keeping your troops in line with sufficient training, patrols, entertainment of some sorts, after all, stationed troops in the middle of nowhere always have a chance of going rogue