Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

MilitaryGaming.net - A Community for U.S. Military Gamers - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

WilsonMG has a default reputation

Thanks for the welcome, all!

To answer some questions about us...

It'd be naive to think we don't have any fakers in the MG ranks, but I think the number of them out there is very small and they play the part well enough to get it past the real guys...

We ask each member to fill out an application which we go over and check against factual data. Every once in a while we catch one trying to slip through. Anyone revealed to have faked their status is removed from our community. Integrity is an important quality in a member.

Every MG staff member has passed a more stringent process and is guaranteed to be U.S. military. We feel it's important for our members to feel comfortable in our community's leadership.

You asked about numbers, I don't mind sharing them. We're proud of how far we've come over the years. We do have over 530 registered users, over 390 of which have applied for full membership and been approved, and over 200 that check in regularly. Our numbers in specific games have varied from a few dozen to nearly 300.

The time we have for games varies as much with us as it does with civilians. Many of our members have been discharged or are retired, or are guard or reserve. Even the active duty folks have time off though. Some of our members' jobs even allow them to check in from Iraq or Afghanistan.

The majority of us, however, have gotten out and have integrated back into the world. We're your local policeman, your teacher, your student, your coach, your bus driver, your mail man, well, you get the point. We choose to game together because of a shared history. One that ties us closer than most other web communities can attest to.

Hope this clears things up a bit.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

^^^That one was a pencil pusher! Nice response, like I said I hope you guys can get some more activity on the forums here and muster up some keys. I didn't see any mention of DOF on your page.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Actually, sir, I was a U.S. Marine Corps Sergeant in the infantry for 8 years, a heavy machinegunner (MOS 0331) by trade, and a section leader in a Weapons Co. to be more specific, and I served two combat tours in Iraq.

I take pride in every posting I make as I see it as a direct reflection of the community I founded and lead. I am also the owner of the corporation which oversees MilitaryGaming.net.

As a Marine, I developed extreme OCD in all things I do.

Stereotypes only get you so far.

As for DoF, we have it currently under our AAR's (After-Action Reports) section under PC gaming. This is where we stick game titles we're garnering support for. I just so happen to be keenly interested in this title but I'd like to get my hands on it, or have one of my staff get their hands on it before we make the decision to push it. In order to view these forums you must be a registered board user. Registration is open to anyone, military or civilian, only our full membership and the ability to use our services is restricted to U.S. military.

Last edited by WilsonMG : 06-13-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonMG View Post
We do have over 530 registered users, over 390 of which have applied for full membership and been approved, and over 200 that check in regularly. Our numbers in specific games have varied from a few dozen to nearly 300.
You organise games? thats cool

But as for the 'check in regularly', we know that is down to interpretation... We could see regularly as daily or weekly, whereas you could see it as monthly. What is your definition of regularly?

And yes, welcome Sorry I seem a bit rude, just trying to learn something Nothing ventured, nothing gained after all
Old 06-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
Ouch BURN!!!!! Nice one puppy Sorry Litos, but I do think it was a bit harsh to lock it straight away, as said its a community not a product... And it never harms to have a wider following
Fair enough.
Sorry Wilson for the mishap.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Membership tracking, as any web admin can attest to, is always sketchy at best. How does one measure it? I'll not get into that.

What we do have is a good regular base of members who keep the community rolling along and a dedicated staff there to assist new members and get them pointed in the right directions for what they're into.

When I say that we have at least 200 that check in regularly I was basing that off the 220+ accounts that have logged into our site in the past couple months. Some of our members are active on our Ventrilo server or in games, but never log into their accounts or post on our forums.

As comes with the territory in the gaming industry, people come and go from games, some more quickly than others. In one notorious MMO we recently ventured into (that I'll leave unnamed) we picked up nearly 300 new members in one month only to have that game's branch fall to around 25 active the next. Fortunately for MG, many of those members decided to stick around and play other games with us. A lot of our members also come and go as their own personal interest in a game is piqued. Someone that may not have checked in in 6 months or more may show up again as soon as we start into another game that they've been looking at. It's a fluid process that we've learned to work around and is part of why we're successful.

I can say, with some level of confidence, that as far as military gaming communities go (the few that there are) ours is at the top of the list as far as numbers and presence in games, especially so in the PC market, less so in the area of consoles, but we're working to improve that.

We're in the business of doing the dirty work for our members, sort of like a match-making service. We do our best to ensure that our members have served or are serving in the U.S. military and give them the tools to link up and game with other like-minded professionals. This often includes running guilds (or whatever flavor a game chooses to call it) for our members. We refer to these as our branches.

We're always looking to expand to new games, but to ensure that we don't jump into a game that will flop and therefore cause us to scramble to hold onto members we do our research a bit first.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:47 PM

Grunt -MG- has a default reputation

I'm def. checking this game out
Old 06-22-2010, 09:55 AM

Pikkon-MG- has a default reputation

Ya im going to keep an eye out also, didnt even know this game was out there till I saw Wilson post in our forums.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:35 PM

John -MG- has a default reputation

Snarky Forum, Wilson.

I have not heard of this game except for Wilson beating us up on Vent about it. I will definately check it out, and pass the word.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Good to have you here -MG-, hope to see you in open beta.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.