Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 09:31 AM

Yngwie has a default reputation

i don't wait too much on this one, i'm feared i would be to disapointed
Old 01-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

I've been in a pre-launch guild for SWTOR for over two years, so it certainly better not dissapoint.

Seriously, I think it is going to be the next truly large main-stream mmo. I'm not saying that it's going to reach 'wow' size, only time can tell that, but I think that it will likely prove to at least be the largest since WoW. Being in the star wars franchise, it has the long-term fan-pull. Also, star wars also has a strong pull on the general population.

Aside from that, they have the resources and time to create a truly extensive game. We'll just have to wait and see.

And cortosis is not only resistant to lightsabers, but can also short out lightsabers on contact.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:54 PM

m0rli has a default reputation

hope that old republic will not disappoint all the players that are waiting ....
Old 02-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Human Sect:
Archer

EdwardTheGreat has a default reputation

Looks like a really fun game, hope it does not disappoint!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:58 AM

krgwynne has a default reputation

so want to play this game when it comes out hopeing they dont make the same mistakes as they did in the first one. But from what iv seen and read should be fun as to play . go the bounty hunters lol
Old 05-10-2011, 09:17 AM

shakleford7 has a default reputation

yes, definitely looks awesome, I will probably play it even though it will be really expensive
Old 05-16-2011, 12:57 AM

Redhorn has a default reputation

SWTOR is Biowares WoW clone. However it's what a sequal to WoW would look like. It's polished and prettier but the combat system is exactly the same. I think Bioware will apply everything that works in WoW and add a couple more features that WoW doesn't have.
I'm glad some companies are realizing that trying to re-invent the MMO wheel is a mistake. Just building on what Blizzard has brought to the forefront of the genre is the way to go.

The gamebreaker in my opinion would be the difficulty of the game. If they make instanced dungeons and raiding tiered diffuctly like WoW, its gonna fail. 1 mode, like vanilla WoW is the way to go imo. Don't want to see the entire game world running around in gear that's achieved through casual play. Power to the hardcore players.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

I have been playing the beta weekends for this game recently and i have to say the story that bioware have come up with is really good for the classes ive had time to try out, I was wondering if anyone from the community or Reverie is gonna give this game a go?

As the release of the game approaches (20th of december or earlier if you have preordered and got early access) I find myself quite looking forward to playing especially since christmas holidays are around that time too. Although some of the game could use some work in areas i find myself drawn the most to the story aspect, Sure the game will have the things mmo's are supposed to have but the story is what stands out so far for me.

I know this probably means we wont see another single player knights of the old republic game but if bioware do things right it old republic should offer some quality entertainment to those it appeals to.

The cutscenes are very well voice acted too, Youll probably recognise a lot of the voices from kotor, dragon age and mass effect.

So back to my original question, Anyone giving this game a blast? Or considering it? Thoughts?

If we get a few people, I call for a guild called 'Reverie' !
Old 12-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

heard it's good, but I'll stay away from that. When I'll have time,Dof,Skyrim and friends will be my main priority
Old 12-06-2011, 11:14 PM

Zackreaver has fair reputation

My brother and I are going to play through this together, my suggestion, if you ever want to play through this game do the following.

A. DO NOT SPOIL THE STORY (it's the best part of the freaking game)
B. Play with friends (roleplaying adds to the fun also)

I simply love the voice acting in the game, in terms of gameplay though, nothing really new or impressive, basically just a rehashed WoW system, but if you gotta play a WoW styled MMO, at least they gave us a great story to play through.

To be perfectly honest, from playing the beta weekend, I am now so spoiled by the voice acting, that I don't even bother to read text anymore, I might be missing out on a good story for DoF, but honestly I am just that spoiled by the voice acting. It's to the point that I could probably never player other MMO's again unless they had the same voice acting, the level of involvement has such high merit.

Edit: Also, got the ship and did space ship battles during the beta weekend, they are awesome (starfox style) but theres not enough to do with them. Definately tons of content update potential for them however.