Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mullens View Post
If it's not action based but instead targeting (Tab-Targeting) based it might as well be City of Heroes Star Wars Mod. It'll be the same crap and one of the features I liked about The Force unleashed is if I attacked a direction, everything that direction got hit. I would hope for the same combat system.
If you want a good action based MMORPG, i suggest you wait for DC Universe Online.
Looking very promising, and good battle system. Plus you can have Arkham Asylum as origin when your evil.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
If it's not action based but instead targeting (Tab-Targeting) based it might as well be City of Heroes Star Wars Mod. It'll be the same crap and one of the features I liked about The Force unleashed is if I attacked a direction, everything that direction got hit. I would hope for the same combat system.
Hey don't ever called a KOTOR game a mod.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 06-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well, there's some hope for you yet, as The Force Unleashed 2 is supposed to come out sometime. I don't know exactly when, but I read a couple articles that sound good.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
You really should check up about the classes´s specs before judging them. The trooper has one of the better armor types in the game, like the bounty hunter, and he´s clearly the tank in SWTOR, so he can take hits. Plus they have some abilities to keep distance between sith units. They can smash them with their guns for knockback and can launch grenades/rockets. Trust me, troopers can fight on even terms with sith warriors.... on a distance
Ah... distance is not really too much of an issue. The jedi can always just force push the grenades back at him, or chop his DC to pieces. Usually, it was through team coordination, as well as surprise [things the jedi were not expecting - mines, booby traps, etc...] that allowed the troopers to win. Arc/Commando Troopers were not wearing true mando iron, just the nice Katarn black ops armor [sometimes] which even then is vulnerable to lightsabers [but not grenades].
Old 06-06-2010, 05:21 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Quote:
just the nice Katarn black ops armor [sometimes] which even then is vulnerable to lightsabers [but not grenades].
anything is vulnerable to lightsaber blades (except other lightsaber blades).
Old 06-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaster View Post
anything is vulnerable to lightsaber blades (except other lightsaber blades).
Not true: Mando iron. It is one of the only metals known to be impervious to lightsabers. The only hitch is that it only existed on Mandalor, and was thought to have been completely mined by the time the Empire came around. However, after the Youzong Vong [spelling?] War, a huge deposit was discovered, creating a process that made Mandalor a much stronger political and much more united entitiy.

The famed Boba fett did not have a true mando iron armor [except for the helmet, which was his father's] but rather a durasteel one - since by that time - mando iron was already very scarce, existing primarily in mando iron armor and weapons.

There are other substances that resist lightsabers [cannot think of any names at the moment] simply requiring more time, and a lot more strength to cut through them. The Vong-killer driods made by Lando's weapons company [Tellisandro Arms or something like that] used one of these resistant armors.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

I know cortosis resists lightsabers. At least more than most materials, anyway
Old 01-30-2011, 10:23 AM

Emerson120 has a default reputation

I'm so excited for this game. Definitely hoping to get into the beta and if not at least a free trial! Bioware rules.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:30 PM

SACancel has a default reputation

I've been applied literally months before for the darn beta oh well got a new computer since the last time I applied so maybe now!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:29 PM

eternal2u has a default reputation

hell yea kotor will be amazing...all in-game quests are voiced over too which will be awesome for lazy asses like me that dont like to read through the whole thing.