Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Aelfwine has a default reputation

...i feel left out ><
Old 06-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Those are good news indeed and with the offer for those 30 people the game will be tested seriously .
Old 06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Closed Beta Update # 1 - Incentives
Top 15 testers from CB1, and top 15 testers from CB2 - judged both by quantity and quality of reports will be invited to join Reverie official QA strike team. With the following benefits:
-official Reverie QA tester title
-Your name on the in-game and manual credits!
-resume reference as a QA testers on a shipped game
-free copy of retail Dawn of Fantasy
-1200 points of Influence resource to spend in Dawn of Fantasy shop (equivalent of 100$)
Wait... Your giving massive incentives to testers who already have the incentive of playing the game? Thats a sweet deal for the testers lol
Strangely the name and reference are the things I see as most valuable... They may not have any literal value, but their priceless and cannot be bought. I think its great that Reverie are offering this, although I'm not sure what they gain from it lol
Old 06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Jack has a default reputation

yeah,
the beta gets started and i hope that i start at the 2th stage because if i get in the first i wont make it on school but if the open beta is for everyone i can try it

i hope it is as good as i expect that it is
Old 06-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Darn, if only I wasn't going away for so long!!
Will you send out reports to people on what you're looking for from the beta testers? Or will it be anything the tester deems necessary?
Short answer - Both.

There may be times where we ask testers to focus on something in particular, but we'll welcome all feedback.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

Damn i dont have cb stage 1 and im not sure theres any openings left for 2 o noes!!!! z_Z well i just gota waiti suppose but this is killing meh
Old 06-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

Quote:
I think its great that Reverie are offering this [beta incentives], although I'm not sure what they gain from it lol
This gives people incentive to actually give us detailed good bug reports (harder to get than you'd think ).
Also, we have a 'strike team' to QA test our new patches (before release.. don't want buggy patches even in open beta.. and after release).
Lastly it will give us a pool of people to pick from who could possibly become our next game's QA testers.

Last edited by Andy Joslin : 06-03-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
Wait... Your giving massive incentives to testers who already have the incentive of playing the game? Thats a sweet deal for the testers lol
Strangely the name and reference are the things I see as most valuable... They may not have any literal value, but their priceless and cannot be bought. I think its great that Reverie are offering this, although I'm not sure what they gain from it lol
If you ever get into game making or ask any developers you will realize how important it is for someone outside the team to have playtest your game. You have the usual response that the company is just letting people play the game...as a demo or taste of what they are buying.

I'm saying this from experience about people not playtesting my groups levels and games, to people playtesting them. You will see the big difference in quality.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 06-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Closed Beta Update # 1 - Incentives
Top 15 testers from CB1, and top 15 testers from CB2 - judged both by quantity and quality of reports will be invited to join Reverie official QA strike team. With the following benefits:
-official Reverie QA tester title
-Your name on the in-game and manual credits!
-resume reference as a QA testers on a shipped game
-free copy of retail Dawn of Fantasy
-1200 points of Influence resource to spend in Dawn of Fantasy shop (equivalent of 100$)
This would be a great opportunity for me as I am getting around the end of school and any plus like that on my resume will be great. Which reminds me that I need to start planing whats going to be in my portfolio.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima

Last edited by Henry Martin : 06-03-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Now, will we post the aspects of the game we see that need improvement in the game here on the forums, or will there be some other form of sending in our comments/concerns?

Thanks

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Closed Thread