Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Release on steam - Page 8 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
Yes definitely I feel the same way. That's one reason why digital downloads is still a new thing and why it's not as big as it could be, but its still going that why. Talking with some people from the industry, I was surprised on how many wanted digital download period, back in the 90's. When you look at it all that you are paying for is just quality information bringing the word addiction into the world to other things then what you grow in your backyard on a piece of plastic in a box.
Corrected^^
Old 08-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

illicit87 has a default reputation

Where I live it's online purchases for games, or Gamestop/Walmart... not a fan of either one but the lesser of the evils for me is Steam. I can install/uninstall games at leisure and not have to worry about losing CD Keys or scratching disks. I like steam but it really does have its issues at times.

Don't make me go to Gamestop though... for the love of God and all that is holy! I mean have you SEEN their new marketing? I don't even think they are trying...

Old 11-03-2010, 02:37 PM

Ba'al has a default reputation

Steam? If you like it, use it. But leave it to that. I don't like it, why should I accept beeing forced to use it? Normally, I tell the program when to run, now programs tell me when I have to run them. So just no. No, no and no. I think Steam sure offers some features that some people might find appealing, but I do not need it.

As soon as Steam becomes mandatory, I will refuse to buy Dawn of Fantasy. In fact, I refuse to accept any game with steam, even if I could get it for free.

If you think Steam might help the game, make it optional, so both sides are happy.

Lol @ Game Stop.
Doesn't "(to) bend over" mean... well, to vomit? Or am I confusing something here? O.o

Last edited by Ba'al : 11-03-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba'al View Post
Steam? If you like it, use it. But leave it to that. I don't like it, why should I accept beeing forced to use it? Normally, I tell the program when to run, now programs tell me when I have to run them. So just no. No, no and no. I think Steam sure offers some features that some people might find appealing, but I do not need it.

As soon as Steam becomes mandatory, I will refuse to buy Dawn of Fantasy. In fact, I refuse to accept any game with steam, even if I could get it for free.

If you think Steam might help the game, make it optional, so both sides are happy.
This is what everyone is saying. No one is saying to make dof a steam only game, we're just saying that dof should "ALSO" be on steam to help with sales and promotion. Regardless of how you feel about steam it still makes a lot of money (especially for indie games). Also for you info, digital downloading is less hassle then dealing with stores, thats why game companies are pushing toward digital downloads (and cheaper).

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 11-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

srpiccoro has a default reputation

I haven't seen anyone suggest Gamersgate or Impulse, I use them in addition to steam, because there are certain games that steam makes running worse.....and the fact that you don't have to update through them (gamersgate thank you)
Old 11-06-2010, 03:12 AM

SilverLeaf has a default reputation

I can't accurately convey in words my intense hate for steam. GamersGate FTW.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:40 PM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

If DoF is only steam sale, it would totally ruin my 2011.

(I particularly prefer going to the game shop.)

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:22 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Toth has a default reputation

I definatly hope it gets on steam, I'm a big steam fan. Also steam would help the game reach a far bigger audience then just an announcement on this site and some ads scattered around.

With all respect to all the steam-haters, I think the benefits of going on steam far outweigh the few people that don't like it. Besides, if the haters really wanted to play this game they'd overcome their dislike of steam.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:05 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

It would not be a bad thing to be able buying the game on steam, thus it has the games for windows logo and it will then be buy-able trough Games for Windows Marketplace. Still sincerely hope that also we will have the possibility to buy it from gamersgate ans steam.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:22 AM

jleem21 has a default reputation

If DoF was to not have the mmorts feature then I think Steam would be an excellent choice to advertise and sale DoF on. Every time a Steam user logs in we always view like 3 pages of Steam sales, which could even perhaps advertise and show DoF as an upcoming game or new release. If so then just like that have DoF exposed itself to around 2 million Steam users who will now take time in their busy schedules to consider looking up more information about DoF. If anything, forums might be created within Steam to discuss DoF. I personally think that Steam as a program,software, game marketing thingy is great. I've purchased at least 12 games off of Steam, a bunch of which were in some combo bunch sale. And Steam always has the best sale! On another note, I don't really like going to Gamestop to pick up video/computer games. DoF as a game mainly for the pc(360 version if released might really just be a lesser version) should and will obviously be sold at other stores other than Gamestop including Bestbuy, and maybe even Circuitcity. I'm only eh about Gamestop having DoF is because their collection of Pc games...is just..really sad..
.All in all, I'd def buy and play the ****! out of DoF. I feel like it'll be a mix of Stronghold, Total War games, and AoE games. I simply can't wait for it's released and just to have the actual game box/case including the manual, I'd def go out to gamestop and or bestbuy to pick to baby up!