Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Release on steam - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

I certainly think they won't release it only on steam, that's ridiculous. If that was the case we'd know it by now.
I don't even think they'll release it on steam at all. Does steam support MMOs?
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
I certainly think they won't release it only on steam, that's ridiculous. If that was the case we'd know it by now.
I don't think anyone is/or wants this to be a steam only game. Isn't that mod on steam 'Age of Chivalry' an MMOG?

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3-Oval View Post
Maybe if this game was released on steam?

I know i definately wont be buying the game if it doesnt get a steam release because of all the hassle associated with playing games these days without steam.

on top of that all the competitors to steam for DRM really suck.. like GWFL or securom.. hell ive never bought a GFWL game or securom game BECAUSE of the hassle (after i bought crysis, i learnt my lesson not to get a securom game)..

as an avid gamer and possible customer surely youd think Devs. would listen and make it easier for me to buy a game rather than making it easier to pirate it.

then again i dont mind GFWL games if they are on steam, it like steam sucks away all badness from GFWL ... thus this post.

Can this game be released on steam?
You don't by any chance work for steam do you? lol. I'd see a release on steam as an advertising opportunity at best. Personally I don't like steam at all.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
I don't think anyone is/or wants this to be a steam only game. Isn't that mod on steam 'Age of Chivalry' an MMOG?
No, it's server based.
Pretty awesome mod though
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

kateros has a default reputation

I don't get why so many people has anything agianst steam.
I use steam daily and i never has any trouble with it.
On the other side i do understand why yoiu would't want to have steam running while playing. Then agian you would proberly play this game online a majority of the time so dose it matter?

I can understand why people would't want it to be steam exclusive, I don't like that idea either, I always buy it with box.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
I believe that they do support MMOs. I'm pretty sure you can get Aion and champion's online on steam. As well as a few other MMOs that I don't really remember.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 06-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateros View Post
Then agian you would proberly play this game online a majority of the time so dose it matter?
Well yes, Dawn Of Fantasy will have its own client, so running steam would be rather pointless and be a waste of memory... It would be a needless waste to run both clients at the same time, why use steam client to launch DoF client?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
Well yes, Dawn Of Fantasy will have its own client, so running steam would be rather pointless and be a waste of memory... It would be a needless waste to run both clients at the same time, why use steam client to launch DoF client?
Yes it does and so do the MMOs on steam. They have a steam and non-steam version.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 06-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Unen has fair reputation

I really hope theres a steam option, I know steams not for everyone (why some people dont like it, I can never figure out) but its for me.

One im lazy and it lets me buy the game here and now rather than having to go out and search for it or wait for it to ship. Two the game is bound to your account meaning if my computer crashes/I get another comp./etc I can just log in and it will automatically start downloading again so I dont have to worry about keeping up with my CDs (something im very very bad about lol). Three, well DRM sucks and is starting to get redonculous so steam can be a good alternative to dealing with annoying DRM BS. Not to mention the insane deals that they always have (i mean what store regularly sells you good games for 50%-75% off? ). Just my two cents.
</fanboy rant>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
I believe that they do support MMOs. I'm pretty sure you can get Aion and champion's online on steam. As well as a few other MMOs that I don't really remember.
Yep they do, Aion, Eve, Global agenda, star trek online, EQ2 and so on. Ive tried several MMOs bought through the steam client (mostly trials) and honestly the only difference i noticed between steam MMOS and non-steam ones is that you have the option of launching them from steam (you still get desktop shortcuts and what not) other than that they use the same game launcher/ login.

Last edited by Unen : 06-10-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I really don't think there should be a problem with launching a steam version, as long as there is also a non-steam.

I really don't see any reason for the hype about this.

Should I?