Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Release on steam - Page 16 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoOpin View Post
Well if you look at prices from play.com compared to steam play is cheaper hands down unless steam has a sale on. That being said I always buy off steam pretty much 90% of the time. I do not mind paying a little extra to get the game there and then.
By retail, I'm talking about stores that physical locations, like best buy, walmart, target, etc. Most stores that are online only do have better pricing then their physical stores because like I said they don't have all those extra costs for shipping, storing, shelving, etc.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 02-22-2011, 12:46 PM

cableslice has a default reputation
Default Must Release On Steam

Steam is the only way I buy/play PC games anymore. It's very easy to use.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:11 PM

Lanolin has a default reputation

If i want to play an offline game, such as the single player for Dead Space 2.......I have to be connected to steam, were is the justice in that? I see no reason to be connected to ANYTHING if the purpose is to enjoy the game offline, just saying. What if my net is down for whatever reason and i cant play the multiplayer games i usually play, i want to play a single player game to substitute the multiplayer game till my net comes back. Guess what, you have to be connected to steam to play a single player game......idiotic.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

WoOpin has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Martin View Post
By retail, I'm talking about stores that physical locations, like best buy, walmart, target, etc. Most stores that are online only do have better pricing then their physical stores because like I said they don't have all those extra costs for shipping, storing, shelving, etc.
True but in the UK a company called Game usually beats Steams prices too most of the time. Not sure how it fairs with US and other regions.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

WoOpin has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanolin View Post
If i want to play an offline game, such as the single player for Dead Space 2.......I have to be connected to steam, were is the justice in that? I see no reason to be connected to ANYTHING if the purpose is to enjoy the game offline, just saying. What if my net is down for whatever reason and i cant play the multiplayer games i usually play, i want to play a single player game to substitute the multiplayer game till my net comes back. Guess what, you have to be connected to steam to play a single player game......idiotic.
Pretty sure you can run steam in offline mode. Once you have launched a game online, you can run it offline so pretty much when you buy a game on steam you will play it once if your net goes down you can still play.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:31 PM

Lordyoko111 has a default reputation
Default steam

steam games are ok i mean a game is a game u dont like it dont play it, Right?
Old 02-28-2011, 02:09 AM

mimminito has a default reputation

I think hvaing the option to download this through Steam is good enough. To be honest the more routes and options a developer gives to its end user to purchase a game, the better. Cater to as many people as possible, and its a Win-Win situation
Old 02-28-2011, 06:01 PM

hugenhlfan has a default reputation

I have never used steam I have friends who do and all but not myself if it came out on steam I might give it a shot.I don't care how it comes out im getting this game
Old 02-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Human Sect:
Peasant

lokiisgrim has a default reputation

Would love if this game was sold on steam since i do most of my gaming thru steam.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:28 AM

blackone91 has a default reputation

steam > all

would be cool to see it there