Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Release on steam - Page 11 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 02:17 AM

reddot has a default reputation

steam can be a blessing and a curse both at the same time...

I myself would buy the game if it turns out to be good even thought it wouldnt be in steam. I dont like steam so much that I would buy things rather from there than from a proper shop...

With steam probably the game could get a little more publicity, but then there migth be some kinda of restrictions to the game becouse of steam...
Old 01-20-2011, 02:26 AM

Ichigo has fair reputation
Default Re: Steam

Variety is the spice of life right? I would imagine that to offer the game in as many places as possible would benefit the game and the developers. One thing to consider would be the publisher, 505 games, just doing a quick search only shows one item, a trailer, on steam and 0 games. Not to say it won't happen, but doesn't seem like they have a current history with releasing games on Steam. I don't know what the process is for getting a game on steam, but I am sure it couldn't be too bad.

I am not sure if I would get a physical copy of the game yet (haven't played it yet ), so if I am on the fence about it, I am much more likely to impulsively buy it on Steam (or Steam like store) then picking the game up in a brick and mortar store.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:03 AM

Rycon has a default reputation

A steam release would be very good for publicity.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

nobby has a default reputation

Personally i think steam has come a long way since it started, when i hated it...

Giving a portal and wide audience to Indie games is a big plus against all the hassle it causes..

i never understood why is has to be so bloated either.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:19 PM

SonicMonkey has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
Personally, I despise Steam and will never buy a Steam game.

I don't mind it if they make Steam an option, but if they make it mandatory I'm gone.
I LOVE having the option to get a product on Steam. But I hate when it's mandantory. Regardless I'll get it when it comes out. And if it's on Steam I'll get it there. Steam is just too convienent to use and being able to install / uninstall simply from Steam as I want is just nice. Plus I can carry it all over easy and install without disks to a new computer etc.

I get tired of having boxes of games laying around. Then I lose the disks etc...
Old 01-20-2011, 12:35 PM

ladyelysium has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycon View Post
A steam release would be very good for publicity.
This x 1000. Steam is fantastic for publicity these days, especially because they do run the market when it comes to online download for games.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Corcscrew has a default reputation

The only time I buy games from Steam is if the game is having a really good sale or if I wanted to play the game but knew it probably wouldn't give me a lot of re-playability. If there's a game I have really wanted, I will buy the hard copy. With hard copies you get the cool box, game art (sometimes), and lately even a free DLC with the purchase of a hard copy. Plus, there's nothing like the excitement of buying a game, taking it home, and unwrapping it with that feeling in your stomach like a kid on christmas morning.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:16 PM

Refleax has a default reputation

Steam is unpredictable at times and from what I experienced it's not really mod friendly but I still use it to buy games which are on sale sometimes just like Corcscrew said.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

Thunderborn has a default reputation
Default Steam

I like steam because the game is always there if you ever need to download it again. I always buy the hard copy though.......takes to long to download usually otherwise.

Actually thats a question I would like to ask recently I brought Two Worlds 2 online only because that was the only way I could get it early without waiting for the USA release. What I was dreading was the download time but it was INCREDIBLY fast. It downloaded so fast that I thought there wasnt going to be anything to the game but the game is huge with great multiplayer content also. I had a friend download the game and he said the same thing. So I did the DC Online Beta thing and OMFG the download took forerver. What is that company doing to make it so fast where others have failed.

If all games I wanted downloaded so fast online I would stick to digital downloading. Thats the only reason I try to stay away from steam that and thier customer service is pretty bad.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:53 PM

McGti has a default reputation

agree! they will need a Steam release!