Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Outposts (defensive and trade) - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

so when me and 200 guildies talk find an adversary rival guild leader and all select him on are crosshairs and take the whole what ses will be 20 minute move and just wave him down till he cant Bribe or logs off is one of the main problems the reason i want it big with the clutter and rendered cities is players have to decide who there attacking instead of scroll down and have a blast gogogogogog.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToKill View Post
so when me and 200 guildies talk find an adversary rival guild leader and all select him on are crosshairs and take the whole what ses will be 20 minute move and just wave him down till he cant Bribe or logs off is one of the main problems the reason i want it big with the clutter and rendered cities is players have to decide who there attacking instead of scroll down and have a blast gogogogogog.
You very well might be able to decide who you attack in guild V guild, if that does end up being the case I don't see how it's a meaningful difference.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

what happens when its big on small guilds or a group of guys doing it on a smaller scale to random players ofcourse they just make sureitsin the same lvl range the reason for huge mapsis for that since of distancehelp in stratagy im sure theres a way to work it out dont get me wrong and i dont know how this will work to be honest im dieing to test it out you guys may beright and i may just beto used to the oldn ways i suppose i canonly exspress my direct concerns on what little i know.

Last edited by LoveToKill : 06-01-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

dominus() has a default reputation

I think that the whole idea of having a couple of guild cities/trading posts which are conquerable in each region would be good and then adding guild v. guild into the mix aswell because otherwise the game world would become clogged up, having roads which these posts/cities are attached to shouldnt be too difficult to manage. but then theres the problem of how many of these places would be made because i dont think anyone has any idea of the size the guilds could become and the number of guilds.

also, what happens when everyone reaches the top level, wont the map become realy clogged up them. it could be possible to have the main game map and then a smaller map when you click on someones castle looks like a small region. from this submap you could choose to attack the city or raid the caravan route/ trade post. this i think is what i was dreaming up the other day
Old 06-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominus() View Post
also, what happens when everyone reaches the top level, wont the map become realy clogged up them. it could be possible to have the main game map and then a smaller map when you click on someones castle looks like a small region. from this submap you could choose to attack the city or raid the caravan route/ trade post. this i think is what i was dreaming up the other day
Player cities don't show up on the map except your own right now, that's intentional, our map will never be cluttered.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

dominus() has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
Player cities don't show up on the map except your own right now, that's intentional, our map will never be cluttered.
ok cool, but what about having a trade outpost within the player region, but on a seperate map, wouldnt it be easy to do that although it would take time to create enough maps, but from what ive heard from some of the scenario team it takes around 5 hours, and thats for the castles
Old 06-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

kateros has a default reputation

If i understood dominus(), right he thought of something like a city that a guild could control and get certain things, like special units or someting like that.
and then other guilds would want to attack these to gain the advantage. in guild wars or such.
i think it would sound like a good idea but maybe it would make some superpowered guilds that would be inpossible to defeat.
in Global Agenda they have made something like that. on a separed map, but that would'nt make any sense in this game.
i think it is a good idea but i dont think they would make it, on the other hand it could be that i misunderstood you.