Alpha Protocol 2 25.00%
Splinter Cell: Conviction 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust
Default Splinter Cell: Conviction vs Alpha Protocol

What do You think, which one is the better and why do You feel that way ?

1. Alpha Protocol

2. Splinter Cell: Conviction

I personally would like to see a game made from both of them. The great control of Conviction and eventually the graphics combined with the RPG element from Alpha Protocol and the possibility of character/equipment customization.

As for the story... Alpha Protocol is like Sam Fisher'first day at work and the Splinter Cell series... huh... You know the rest.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Meh, never been into Splinter Cell, and Alpha Protocol sounds appealing. Couldn't tell really.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Don't know much about alpha protocol, but I am a fan of splinter cell. The gameplay of conviction is great, but I was disapointed that they redid conviction from the first direction they where going.

I will try alpha protocol before I say which one is better.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 05-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

They got rid of Merc Vs Spy multiplayer in conviction so alpha protocol wins by default for me anyway. Honestly I like Splinter Cell more, but conviction was meh compared to the rest of the franchise, imo.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Alpha Protocol epic failed. First reviews went up yesterday, all of them are awful. The game sucks completely, the only thing that works is how much effect your actions (during the conversations) have on the plot and how it's unpredictable. The rest is bad.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tech Lead & Media Team Lead

Danny Vink has a default reputation

Not true, just got mediocre reviews due to a bit of a glitchy cover system and less fancy graphics

Highest review was 84%, and it got a 7/10 and a 6/10
It also got a 95% on a user review

It depends on how much you REALLY rely on graphics to play your game

Anyway, its really hard to compare the two, they are completely different genres. Splinter Cell Conviction was a great game, thought a lot different from its predecessors, it wasn't in an all bad way

Alpha Protocol is more of a Mass Effect style game, lots of stats to upgrade, RPG elements (think Borderlands), but still looks to be a great game

~Reverie World Studios
Old 05-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

I really like Conviction and I think a lot people don't like it because it took away from the fully stealth game (too different form the series). I welcome the change. I believe the gameplay fit well with the story and I loved the mark an execute.

I'm going to try and play Alpha protocol as Vink point out it probably got low rating cause of the graphics and glitches.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 05-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
I really like Conviction and I think a lot people don't like it because it took away from the fully stealth game (too different form the series). I welcome the change. I believe the gameplay fit well with the story and I loved the mark an execute.

I'm going to try and play Alpha protocol as Vink point out it probably got low rating cause of the graphics and glitches.
I liked mark and execute in that it makes the game more fluid, and done properly it's great being able to easily kill 6-10 baddies in 2~ seconds because of it but honestly it makes the game way too easy. There isn't a single room you can't clear with x4 mark/execute after 2-3 quick kills. Not to mention most areas don't even have that many enemies.

Difficult room ahead? Don't worry, just get a stealth kill before going in and you can trivialize it. I went through the game a second time and never used mark/execute outside of rare situations that pretty much required it because of a gimmick like the escape from one of the bases. Was far more challenging and fun.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Vink View Post
Not true, just got mediocre reviews due to a bit of a glitchy cover system and less fancy graphics

Highest review was 84%, and it got a 7/10 and a 6/10
It also got a 95% on a user review

It depends on how much you REALLY rely on graphics to play your game

Anyway, its really hard to compare the two, they are completely different genres. Splinter Cell Conviction was a great game, thought a lot different from its predecessors, it wasn't in an all bad way

Alpha Protocol is more of a Mass Effect style game, lots of stats to upgrade, RPG elements (think Borderlands), but still looks to be a great game
I disagree... It's not just the graphics. It's waay too glitchy, has poor design choices, and even the characters aren't as nearly appealing or the overall story isn't as interesting or intriguing as Mass Effect for example.

There's just no point in playing it.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.