Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Clan Dominion - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Hmm, this reminds me, we should get working on that DoFSource groups system...
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

dont suppose you can elaberate on that statment litos?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Yeah I look forward to DoFsource being open again.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Well, here is a list of my skills [just for the record]

- I have been a mostly off-line player, and as such, do not have too much experience against human playes
- I have played mostly Medieval style RTSs, so this is my strongpoint [Age of Empires, Rise of Rome, Age of Mythology, Age of Kings, Age of Conquerors, Battle for Middle Earth 1 & 2]
- I have been very successful on all of these games with the diff. for AI on harest [BFME2 brutal - was the most challenging - I had a hard time with that setting]
- I inted to play all three races at this point, and do not think that any of the races is nec. superior [I have not played the game - and so will withhold my opinions on this until then].
- I can turtle and boom, but I am not much of a rush player, though I am working on developing that skill as well.

Hmm. I think that is about it.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Well, here is a list of my skills [just for the record]

- I have been a mostly off-line player, and as such, do not have too much experience against human playes
- I have played mostly Medieval style RTSs, so this is my strongpoint [Age of Empires, Rise of Rome, Age of Mythology, Age of Kings, Age of Conquerors, Battle for Middle Earth 1 & 2]
- I have been very successful on all of these games with the diff. for AI on harest [BFME2 brutal - was the most challenging - I had a hard time with that setting]
- I inted to play all three races at this point, and do not think that any of the races is nec. superior [I have not played the game - and so will withhold my opinions on this until then].
- I can turtle and boom, but I am not much of a rush player, though I am working on developing that skill as well.

Hmm. I think that is about it.
Seriously??
I mean, wow, you really had that much trouble with brutal in BFME2?
He's a cake walk. spend it on heroes and ranged units for the initial rush, upgrade your ranged units and get spearmen and you can win. It isn't all that hard really.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

Dont worry my elven friend i shall show you what a Rush is
Old 05-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Seriously??
I mean, wow, you really had that much trouble with brutal in BFME2?
He's a cake walk. spend it on heroes and ranged units for the initial rush, upgrade your ranged units and get spearmen and you can win. It isn't all that hard really.
On the brutal setting - I meant that it was harder in comparison to any of the other "hardest" settings for Ai in other RTS games.

Not that it hit me hard, it just took me longer to crack.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Even still, it isn't all that hard to crack either. It always starts with large rush of weak units, which is good to level your best hero you can afford, until like midgame, when they're smart enough to build different units, like cavalry and siege engines, but by then you already have fully upgraded archers and probably lvl 6 hero(es). Not that hard to figure out.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Even still, it isn't all that hard to crack either. It always starts with large rush of weak units, which is good to level your best hero you can afford, until like midgame, when they're smart enough to build different units, like cavalry and siege engines, but by then you already have fully upgraded archers and probably lvl 6 hero(es). Not that hard to figure out.
Maybe your right, my judgement could be off.

In any case, I had a lot of probs with BFME2 [I just didn't like it in general] esp how weak structures and walls were. There are some good Mods for it though [the3rdage.net].
Old 05-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Quote:
Unfortunately, most players do not follow such formulas, and there is absolutely a value at not figuring out AI patterns-you learn how to adapt quickly to a situation you don't fully understand, and even better- overcome it through sheer skill, instead of a 'method.'

Thank you for listing your resume Negthareas! Even if you are not fully applying yet, I absolutely appreciate your vote of confidence and support. Let's get into contact again soon mate.