Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
Buildings are reduced to 0(1?) and become inoperable until repaired, and repairing as is takes quite some time. It's still expensive to lose, but it's not game over either.
AAAAAAAH ok, its just with your earlier post, you really made is sound so easy and unsignificant.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
AAAAAAAH ok, its just with your earlier post, you really made is sound so easy and unsignificant.
Loss still sucks, always will, I just want to make sure people understand it's not the end of the world either, this is the sort of game people will be spending a lot of time in, not a standard RTS where you just start up the next game and it's all okay. I don't want people to get the impression that this is basically Hardcore Mode diablo and when you lose it's game over lol.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

well can you explain that a bit more im use to it where youcap there city/burn it to the grnd and they have t restart from the beggining will it be like thator will it be a slap on the wirst and 2 days later there theyare again good 2 go?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

What options do you have when winning a siege?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

well after you win i imagine its take there res or urn there **** down tothe ground and get no res or only some
Old 05-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

was more thinking or massacreing the populace or selling them in slavery.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:36 PM

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToKill View Post
well can you explain that a bit more im use to it where youcap there city/burn it to the grnd and they have t restart from the beggining will it be like thator will it be a slap on the wirst and 2 days later there theyare again good 2 go?
You do not capture other player's cities, you sack it, damaging and stealing their resources. Winning a siege will also be a major source of Influence most likely (Used for tech/unlocking units/buying extra content). Buildings are inoperable until repaired which means your city doesn't really function for a while, how long exactly is still subject to change. This isn't like most browser games where you have a ton of cities and losing one doesn't really have long term consequences, if each time you lost a battle in our game you had to restart nobody would even make it 1/10th of the way up the tech tree.

As for options after capturing a city, hasn't come up. Perhaps we could have various options ranging from increased damage to the player's city (Negative health on buildings requiring more to repair possibly) but less influence, stealing as many resources as possible without dealing much damage/reduced influence or leaving the city mostly intact/leaving their resources but gaining maximum influence. Of course there would be cool names for this, Burn it to the ground, Pillage, as for the influence one no idea on a name.

But you get the idea, and these sorts of things are pretty easy to add.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 05-26-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Well Josh we leave all desicions to you and the devs yall have done a good job so far we will just have to wait till beta comes out there are lots of possiable scenerios that i canthinkof that i may suggest at a later date However id like to test out everything and get a feel for it instead of shooting out ideas that pop into my head at random
Old 05-26-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToKill View Post
Well Josh we leave all desicions to you and the devs yall have done a good job so far we will just have to wait till beta comes out there are lots of possiable scenerios that i canthinkof that i may suggest at a later date However id like to test out everything and get a feel for it instead of shooting out ideas that pop into my head at random
I enjoy discussing the game and all that it entails with everyone here, just try not to be fatalist about it, focus on what to change/add to an existing gameplay element rather than trying to get it outright removed and I'm happy to discuss the merits of each suggestion. Once beta actually begins I look forward to more openly being able to discuss such suggestions.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Man don't we all anticipate the beta so we can "semi" intelligently discuss these features that have only been vaguely covered or hinted at.