Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Outposts (defensive and trade) - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

dominus() has a default reputation
Smile Outposts (defensive and trade)

Im quite new on the DOF front so bear with me if i suggest something which may already be part of the game...

As your castle becomes more developed i think it should be an option to build outposts for both trade and defense, this could lead to more interesting merging of the combat and trade/economy system due to the implications of having an trade outpost raided. It also increases game playability because it creates a more interesting skirmish/defend hybrid where smaller task forces could clash.

I feel that this is something which is often overlooked in games which seek to have a empire building style and would make for much more interesting economic gameplay

There could also be raids on caravan routes however this may be harder to implement due to the nature of the economy continuing while a player is offline and the combat not. although it could be interesting to have dedicated units who defend trade routes between different kingdoms ect

just a couple of suggestions
im open to any positive/ negative critism and due to being new if anyone could enlighten me on the diversity of combat scenarios, that would be great
Old 05-31-2010, 04:14 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

While im aware we can build outpost im not exactly sure to what extent i belive so far its mostlyin sigeing ordefence however i think haveing it being ableto be used to trade with others aswell to be quite benificial

Srry for my spellin imnot to great at it im more of a talker then a typer.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

yea i think it would be a shame not to have the game dynamic whereby you have an area which could be defended and owned by multiple allies, like a guild trade post, even more interesting could be having a post which grows into a small town as your trade partners or number of allies/guild members increase

what do u think?
Old 05-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Well to be honest as of now i dont see it with there map system currently i suggest you go to the media foder and catch up on the fantasy fridays lol xD
Old 05-31-2010, 04:33 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominus() View Post
Im quite new on the DOF front so bear with me if i suggest something which may already be part of the game...

As your castle becomes more developed i think it should be an option to build outposts for both trade and defense, this could lead to more interesting merging of the combat and trade/economy system due to the implications of having an trade outpost raided. It also increases game playability because it creates a more interesting skirmish/defend hybrid where smaller task forces could clash.

I feel that this is something which is often overlooked in games which seek to have a empire building style and would make for much more interesting economic gameplay

There could also be raids on caravan routes however this may be harder to implement due to the nature of the economy continuing while a player is offline and the combat not. although it could be interesting to have dedicated units who defend trade routes between different kingdoms ect

just a couple of suggestions
im open to any positive/ negative critism and due to being new if anyone could enlighten me on the diversity of combat scenarios, that would be great
I'm sorry, do you mean building/owning a separate building/zone then your homeland kingdom/castle? Or building an outpost inside of your home castle away from your walls?
Old 05-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToKill View Post
Well to be honest as of now i dont see it with there map system currently i suggest you go to the media foder and catch up on the fantasy fridays lol xD
kk cheers, ive only realy been looking at this game for a week now

and i would suggest maybe a smaller seperate map for a trading post but maybe for a defensive post it could be in the main castle map but outside the city walls

it realy depends on the game perameters but in the game empire total war they introduced smaller towns within regions, so maybe having a map where u have a main castle/city and then your dedicated trade post which is on a seperate map with a road so that your trade economy becomes more volatile and also more realistic because it could potentially be attack.

Then having this all in your area of the game world.
it would also be interesting to see joint owned trade posts as i suggested earlier
Old 05-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

I think people can already build outposts(at least orcs can), but there hasn't been any info on what purpose they have, except for defensive purposes. Would be nice though, being able to create huge trade lines with allies.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
I think people can already build outposts(at least orcs can), but there hasn't been any info on what purpose they have, except for defensive purposes. Would be nice though, being able to create huge trade lines with allies.
I think it would make for a more realistic gameplay aswell as not having to besiege other players as a way of having any combat aspect, since they already have multiplayer skirmish material it could be possible to convert some of the maps to have a trade route and post which has multiple defenders, it multiplys the priorities of the gamers
Old 05-31-2010, 05:33 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

well yami we are countin on you to find thisall out for us! hopefully we may know soon being that its allmost june 1st waitinmg for alex or someone to confirm things as is
Old 05-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Players can build camps for their armies, etc.. These can have varying levels of fortification.

Perhaps the Devs could consider implimenting the ability to build camps on a trade route, forcing other players to pay to pass or fight. [similar to how players can bribe off potential attackers]

However, the idea of a guild outpost sounds more similar to the idea of a guild city, which, although that idea has been discussed very thoroughly, I am not sure if a definitive conclusion was reached on the issue.